Chapter 7 - Drunk Prank

Natsu's POV

The entire pack was partying under the moonlight. Fireflies danced above us, lighting up the whole area. I watched Lucy hanging out and dancing with the other she-wolves. She looked like she was enjoying herself. It made me happy to know the pack accepts her. "Hey" Gray greeted as he walked up and sat next to me. "Hey" I replied before looking back over at Lucy.

"So...Should I expect a new Alpha Female soon?" he asked suggestively with a smirk. "What are you talking about Gray? Lucy and I are just friends and you know both Alphas must be mates" I replied. "That's not what your eyes are saying. You've been staring at her since the party started" he said and I whipped my head around to him. My cheeks felt like they were both on fire. "I-I was m-making sure s-she was getting a-along with everyone" I stuttered. 'Why the hell did I stutter?!' I inwardly exclaimed. "Sure you were" he replied sarcastically, the smirk never leaving his face.

"Alpha" Gajeel called out in alarm as he trotted over to me and Gray. He seemed worried for some reason. "What's the problem?" I asked as Gray and I stood up. Is another pack attacking? Are Rogues attacking? "Lucy gave the girls some sort of leaf and now..." he turned his head towards the girls and we saw they were all drunk. Levy was laughing like everything was a joke, Erza was being aggressive towards Jet and Droy, Juvia was crying and whining about Gray, Wendy was on her back and kicking her paws lightly like she was swimming. Lucy was sober on the sidelines rolling on the floor laughing.

Gray groaned, "we better take the girls back to their den. I'll find Jellal, you find Romeo" he said towards Gajeel before walking off to find Jellal. I walked over to talk to Lucy and find out what she gave them. "What did you give them?" I asked as I sat down beside her. I noticed she had tears in her eyes from laughing so hard. She rolled onto her stomach and sat up. She took a few deep breaths before speaking. "I only gave them a leaf from the Beer Berry bush. It's something I learnt while being a Rogue. One leaf from the Beer Berry bush can make any wolf instantly drunk for a few hours" she replied. We didn't know Beer Berry leaves did that. I suddenly smirked at an idea I just came up with. I'm going to slip one of those leaves into Gray's food one day. It'll be so funny to watch him act drunk around the pack.

Suddenly Lucy yawned and I knew she needed to go to bed. I stood up and turned around. "Come with me. I'll show you to your den" I said. She nodded tiredly and stood up to follow me. This has been a big day, especially for her. I led her to the massive hill where everyone's dens are. There are multiple levels of dens going up the hill with a long and windy dirt path connecting them all row by row like a snake. A den is like a mini underground cave where we have enough room for about five wolves to stand comfortably inside. Every den is equipped with its own bed made out of thick leaves and moss.

I led her to a free den near mine. Alphas and Betas are the only ones who get the top row of dens but I gave her the den on the next row below, closest to my den. "Here's your den" I said, and then she looked inside. "Does anyone else own this den?" she asked to clarify. Wolves usually share their dens with their mates or sometimes if there are limited dens, some will share their dens with other wolves. "Nope, this is all yours. If you need me I'll be in the den above you, over there" I replied as I pointed my snout towards my den. "Thanks Natsu" she said with a smile and then yawned. "Goodnight" she added before scent-marking the entrance of den so everyone knows it's hers and then walking inside.

With a skip in my step, I walked over to my den. I was so happy that everything turned out for the best. Today was certainly eventful, first the three male Rogues attacking me and Lucy, the pack finding out about her and then her joining my pack. I stepped inside my den and curled up on my bed. Excited for what tomorrow may bring.