Chapter 10 - Pack War?

Lucy's POV

After I told Natsu that Sabertooth was the pack responsible for my old pack's destruction, he stormed off towards the field in the centre of the pack where they hold meetings. "That damn Jiemma" he growled as he stomped into the middle of the field. "Natsu stop!" I begged but he was too angry to listen. He lifted his head and howled for the pack to assemble.

Every wolf in the pack came running and quickly surrounded us. "Please listen to me Natsu" I begged urgently. "What's going on Alpha?" Erza asked. "We are going to attack Sabertooth" Natsu replied. "Why?" Levy asked, "Jiemma has been abusing his power for too long and somebody needs to knock him off his podium" Natsu growled.

"We shouldn't start conflict between packs without reason" Erza spoke up. "They murdered Lucy's family! I think that's enough reason to take him down!" he argued back. Loke walked over to me, "you told him, didn't you?" he whispered. "I couldn't help it" I whispered back with my ears pinned back. "Natsu that happened years ago! Please I don't want to start a pack war because of me" I shouted but he didn't listen again.

"Sabertooth was the pack who destroyed your old pack?" Gray asked me and Loke, trying to understand the whole situation and we nodded. "Now I see why Flame Brain's so mad" he commented while glancing at our enraged Alpha. "But I don't want him to attack Sabertooth. I can't lose my family, not again..." I cried as I remembered the pain I felt that day when I lost my old family. Both boys looked at me with sympathy and nuzzled each side of my head to comfort me.

"Oi idiot! Look at what you've done!" Gray growled and Natsu whipped his head around to look at us. "Lucy! Why are you crying?!" he exclaimed worriedly as he ran over to me. "She's crying because you're not listening to her. Consider her feelings ya idiot!" Gray shouted. Natsu stayed silent as he pinned his ears back. "I don't want to lose another family" I quietly said while tears fell down my cheeks. "I'm sorry Lucy" he said and then stepped up to me. Gray and Loke stepped away from me as Natsu licked the tears off my cheeks.

Erza took this opportunity to dismiss everyone. "Seems like the situation is resolved. Everyone, back to work!" she barked. Everyone except me, Natsu, Gray, Loke and Erza ran off. She sighed and turned to Natsu. "While I do agree that Sabertooth have been out of control since Jiemma became Alpha, we cannot start a pack war without a valid reason. If you really want to do something, save it for the Summer Solstice" she said and Natsu sighed. "Alright, but if Sabertooth ever tries anything to our pack then I will show them no mercy" he slightly growled before stomping away.

"What happens at a Summer Solstice?" I asked. I remember my parents going to them when I was young but they never told me what they do there. "Twice a year, packs from all over Fiore come together for a meeting which are the Summer and Winter Solstices" Erza explained. "It's mainly for Alphas and Betas but they are allowed to invite up to five Delta wolves. Since I'm a Gamma wolf, I have to stay behind with Jellal to make sure this place doesn't get attacked while the Alpha and Betas are away" Loke added.

"I have a feeling Pinky has stormed off to go break something so Erza and I better go after him. See you later Lucy, meet me at the North forest in about ten minutes for our hunt" Gray said before running in the direction where Natsu stormed off. "See you Lucy" Erza said before following after him. Now it was just me and Loke.

"Looks like it's just me and you, Lucy. You know you are just as beautiful as your mother. How about you go on a midnight stroll under the moon with me later tonight?" Loke suggested with a wink. I rolled my eyes, the girls warned me at my welcome party that Loke has become a massive playboy. "Loke!" we heard Natsu shout angrily and turned to find him running towards us. "Ah no it's the Alpha! I better run, see you later Lucy" Loke said worriedly before running away.

Natsu stopped once he reached me and glared at Loke's retreating figure. I noticed a pink flower sticking out of his mouth, almost hidden against his pink fur. "Who's the flower for?" I asked and he turned to look at me with a smile. "You" he said and then placed the flower over my left ear. He stepped back and stared at me. I felt a bit embarrassed under his glaze and felt my cheeks heat up. "W-What?" I asked, worried if I looked weird or something. He then smiled a bright toothy grin. "Just as I thought, it looks beautiful on you" he said. I felt something like an arrow just strike my heart. "T-Thanks" I stuttered shyly while looking down at the ground.

I suddenly remember it was about time for me to meet Gray at the North forest. "I need to go Natsu. Thanks again for the flower" I said and turned to leave but got stopped by Natsu. "Where are you going?" he asked curiously. "Gray and I are going hunting" I replied. "What?! Why are you hunting with Gray?!" he exclaimed. "He felt bad for how he treated me the other day and wanted to make it up to me so I told him he could make it up to me by hunting with me" I replied. He opened his mouth to say something but then stopped himself. "Oh ok... have-um fun" he said weirdly and walked off while whistling. 'That was weird' I thought before running towards the North forest.