Chapter 17 - Bora

Lucy's POV

Erza, Wendy and I were surrounded by Bora and his four underlings. I kept my focus on Bora and growled at him while Erza and Wendy eyed his four underlings. Bora was about to pounce on me when out of nowhere a pink wolf tackled and pinned him to the ground. "Natsu!" I exclaimed in surprise as he growled down angrily at Bora. "The Alpha of Fairy Tail?!" Bora exclaimed, recognising Natsu. He turned his head to his underlings, "what are you waiting for? Get them!" he shouted. His underlings shook off their surprise and then turned towards me, Wendy and Erza.

The three of us prepared for battle when Gray jumped out of the bush and tackled a large dark grey wolf. Erza didn't hesitate to attack the large dark brown wolf. "You ready Wendy?" I asked as we faced the last two wolves. "Yep" she replied with determination and then we both leapt into action. She attacked the light grey wolf, the smallest out of the two, while I attacked the bigger dark brown wolf. Now that the field was even, all of us were in a one-on-one battle with Bora and his wolves.

I growled as I tackled the dark brown wolf named Daku to the ground. He growled back and rolled us sideways, so I was the one on the bottom. I snapped my jaws at him, and he had to pull his face away. Since my teeth couldn't reach his ugly scarred face, I turned my canines to his leg. He howled in pain just before I pulled him down by his leg and rolled back onto my paws. Without a second to waste, I charged at him and sunk my teeth into his neck. He whined as he was pinned under my paws.

One on one, Bora and his underlings are easy to dominate. In the past, when I've crossed paths with them, I could easily fight them off but since they started fighting four against one, I had no choice but to run. Now with my friends by my side, I hope Bora and his underlings will get the message and leave me alone for good.

I turned to see how everyone else is doing and saw they had all easily taken down their opponent. Natsu growled threatening as Bora whined and squirmed underneath him. "If you ever come near Lucy again, I will personally hunt you down" he snarled. Bora yelped and ran for his life with his tail between his legs as Natsu let him go. The rest of us let his underlings go and they ran after Bora with their tails also between their legs.

Once they were out of sight, Natsu turned his attention to me and the girls. "Are you girls alright?" Gray asked. "Yep" Wendy replied with a smile. "Why did you three run off and what's the story with that Bora guy?" Natsu asked as he walked over. "Well, I suggested we could hunt for some lunch to the girls while you two blew off some steam," Erza said with a slight glare which made both boys shiver. "Yeah and then Bora and four other wolves came out of nowhere and surrounded us" Wendy added.

"How did he know you Lucy?" Natsu asked, waiting for the backstory between me and Bora. "When I was a Rogue, a lot of male wolves would try to court me because of my beauty and the limited number of female Rogues in the outlands. Bora was one of them. At first it was just him and I was able to fight him off every time we met but then he slowly gained an entourage. Because of their numbers, I've had to run away every time I encountered them" I explained. Natsu growled, "so they're like those three other Rogue wolves" and I nodded. "What other wolves?" Erza asked, looking at me. "I'll explain while we walk" I replied.

"What's with that smirk?!" Natsu abruptly shouted at Gray who had a sly smirk on his face aimed at Natsu. "Nothing" Gray replied nonchalantly before he walked away in the direction we needed to go for the Summer Solstice. "Hell, it was nothing!" Natsu shouted and chased after him. Erza, Wendy and I looked at each other and giggled at the boys' antics before following after them.