𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐒━━━ 𝐏

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐒━━━ 𝐏. 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 ↳where it all began...

RAIN POURED down from the sky, courtesy of Zeus, heaving it's way through the winds and onto land. Swirls of the sea crashed against stones, leaving trails of water down back to the ocean. Foamy sea water bubbled beneath the sweet Andromeda's bare feet as she clung to her only source of life. Her robes pressed to her body, soaked with rain and sea, allowing her to be fully open. Her curls were tightly matted against the back of her neck, small loose strands tickling her nose. But she paid none of this any mind, as she was about to be given up as a sacrifice.

Her cursed mother, who had attempted to outshine Poseidon, had claimed she had been the brightest, most beautiful lady in all the land, sea, and beyond. She'd claimed innocent Andromeda had been more wonderful than Poseidon's own creations. Being a god, Poseidon's envy and anger had gotten the most of him.

Now she had to face the sea god's wrath. Her parents hadn't thought twice before leaving her at the mercy of death's doorstep.

The wind continued to hit her face, toying with the hem of her thin dress and moving through her hair. Her lungs felt numb and broken from previous cries for help, but no one would ever come.

Then, it appeared.

A loud painful wail echoed pierced through the wind and the sea, reaching the ears of the beautiful woman. Her heart was pounding, blood roaring in her ears as the bubbling water beneath her feet began to shake. A growing figure was emerging from the water, it's aura radiating fear. The monster Poseidon had sent, was a creature every voyager feared when they sailed through his domain. Cetus.

"No," She whispered. "Someone! Anyone, please, I beg of you!"

When no reply came, all Andromeda could do was cling to the rock and watch as the hideous beast fully revealed itself to her. It was utterly horrifying.

It's body was much too large for a normal sea fish. Scaly silvery scales seemed almost translucent in the moonlight. It's mouth similar to one of a pig, round and pink. Though it was hard to see through the rain, a set of two red eyes stared directly towards Andromeda. At that moment, all she could feel and see was it's bloodlust, thirst to tear her apart and feast upon her.

Just as the maiden thought it was her ending, accepting the knowledge she'd soon be sent to Hades, a small outline of a horse appeared in the distance. The animal was a brilliant white, making the creature turn to see. As Andromeda watched, a man atop of the horse veered towards Cetus. In his arm was a long bronze sword.

He sliced it down against the beast's side, creating an abnormally large gash. Cetus wailed in pain, snapping it's head from side to side in an attempt to grab the man.The unknown savior then swooped down from the back, slicing across its neck. A lasting cry echoed through the storm as the monster's head lolled downwards. It's whole body sinking into the murky depths of the sea.

As if it was magic, the sweet Andromeda watched as the dark clouds of rain rolled away, and the sea calmed. Gentler waves crashed along the rocks and the wind no longer howled in her ears.

Swooping down towards her on the white pegasus, the man stepped off. He slowly made his way towards the terrified woman.

"Are you hurt, lovely maiden?" The man questioned, searching her eyes.

Andromeda had no words left to spare as she collapsed. Had he not been standing there, her body would have become a victim to the waves. Her vision blurred, but before she fully fell unconscious, she caught a glimpse of dark hair, and worry filled sea-green eyes.

Aphrodite watched up from Olympus as Andromeda and Perseus walked through the palace gardens. A doe-eyed expression filled her face as she studied the lovers. They were meant for each other. The beautiful Andromeda and handsome Perseus.

Now, the goddess had already seen into their future. She saw what laid ahead of the blissfully unaware couple. She'd seen them start a family, grow old together, and eventually return to their resting place in the underworld. But nothing seemed to matter in the moment as she watched Perseus chase his beau through nearby rose bushes.

"Disgusting." A voice from beside her snarled.

Aphrodite looked up to see the god of war glancing pitifully down at the mortal and demigod. She tilted her head. "What's so disgusting about love, Ares?"

"It's pointless." He stated, as if it were obvious. "Love never got anyone anywhere, ever. Besides, there's no war with love."

"Oh there will be," The goddess giggled, looking back down to her favorite lovers. "I'm sure of it."

The god side eyed her. "What do you mean?"

"Let's just say...we won't be seeing the ending of Andromeda and Perseus anytime soon."

AS the god walked away, Aphrodite couldn't help the twinkle of mischief in her eyes. You see, there was something else Aphrodite had seen in the future. She'd seen another path to romance blossom and grow. This one was stronger than ever, one she intended on keeping a secret until the right moment. The fate of this new love could change the course of the world by saving it, or destroying it. In the goddesses' eyes, it sounded absolutely delightful.

"Oh, sweet Andromeda, sweet Perseus." She murmured. "Your tale won't be forgotten, for there are many more to come."