[ 11. ]

II xi. memories... II

ALABASTER was probably the shittiest brother in the history of brothers. Hearing Andromeda's voice break and he still continued to leave was one of the main reasons. As soon as he'd exited the cave, he'd wanted to turn back, but he couldn't. Not after what the satyr had said. Forcing himself through the wind and snow, the white covered trees bent and shook, parting a path for him. He was biting his tongue so hard he was sure he'd drawn blood.

He was just angry. Angry at himself for listening to the woman who'd left him for dead instead of the sister who'd always been there for him. Angry that it had taken a weeks worth walk and an egotistical satyr for him to realize how stupid he had been.

It seemed the storm didn't want him to move, as it was becoming increasingly harder to trek through.

"You're a mess, Alabaster."

He stumbled forwards in surprise, turning to the voice to see an emerald boa lazily lounging on a snow covered rock a few feet away-as if it wasn't aware of the snow storm surrounding it.

The blood roaring in his ears dimmed at her soothing voice. "What are you doing here, Aurora?"

The snake's dark eyes seemed to twinkle in amusement. "To help you, of course."

Alabaster's eyes narrowed and his hands clenched at his sides. "I don't need anyone's help."

The snake slithered up, the slits of her eyes seemingly scrutinizing his whole figure. "Obviously."

He sneered, turning his back and continuing in the opposite direction. Sure enough, a green snake slithered over his shoulder, wrapping itself around his neck. "Alabaster," The snake asked. "Do you really want to leave her?"

He grinded his teeth. "Of course not."

The boa tilted her head. "Then how come you're going in the opposite direction?"

"Because I have to."

Aurora seemed to sigh. "You're extremely stubborn."

"And you're extremely annoying." He snarled. "I have to. End of story. Go away."

"Fine," She spoke airily. "Then I guess you'll never learn what really happened when you left."

His steps paused. "What?"

"Nothing, you just want me to go away, right?"

"Aurora!"

"Holy Hecate, alright! I know what really happened that day you left."

He tilted his head. "So do I. I was the reason 'that day' exists."

"No, no. You want to know why Andromeda's so upset?"

Aurora suddenly disappeared from his shoulder. He turned, eyes searching the ground. "Aurora? Aurora what is it?"

The snow at his feet suddenly melted, and taking its place were strawberries. The gloomy sky that once was above him-disappeared. In its place shone blue skies and not a single cloud in sight. The setting looked painfully familiar. The more he stared, the more came back to him. It was Camp Half-Blood. Or more specifically-the strawberry fields.

Then he saw them. His siblings. He saw Andie...and Lou Ellen. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen his other half-siblings, but they still looked the same since the last time he'd seen them in battle.