[ 05. ]

II v. the ugly eye... II

"WELL FOR ONE...she was an absolute bitch."

Piper was droning to Andromeda and Leo as they continued to fly away from the ice palace. From what Andromeda had heard, she was glad the snowy princess had refused to let her pass.

"...then she told me I was being 'snobby' because I could understand her own father better than she could!"

Jason was nervously nodding along from behind her, terrified of what Piper would do if he interrupted. Leo was shaking his head, the smile on his face never fading as the aphrodite girl continued.

"Could you even believe it, Jason?"

The blonde cleared his throat. "I, uh, I agree. She was not very welcoming."

"Wow." Andromeda said. "Good thing I stayed behind to talk about Hockey."

Piper let out a huff, before taking a break from her speaking and deciding to sulk in silence instead. The heat of the moment must have passed. Andromeda let out a tired sigh, scooching closer to Leo to let the couple behind her talk. "Is it alright if I──?"

"Oh, yeah! I mean, sure. Go for it."

Andromeda smiled as she placed her head against Leo's back. Though she could hear his heart beating rapidly in his chest, she ignored it and paid attention to his body heat. Piper and Jason's voices faded into the background as sleep overcame her and her eyes fluttered shut.

SCREAMING.That was all Andromeda heard as her eyes snapped open and her mouth pulled back by the force of wind. Still dazed with sleep, she scanned around to find she was falling. Jason, Piper and Leo were all spread out above her and she was below them. Nearing the ground much more quickly than she'd preferred.

A yell erupted from her throat, but that was all that she could manage as she felt the ground move closer every time she blinked.

Jason was shouting her name in the distance, but she wasn't able to turn. The top of the roof was nearing. She predicted she'd hit it in about five seconds (and realizing her powers were useless in this situation didn't exactly calm her nerves).

"Andromeda! Hold on!" Jason shouted from above her.

Wow. "What a good idea blondie! I wish I had thought of that!"

"Is she seriously being sarcastic right now!?" Leo screamed.

"Shit!" Piper cried. "Andie──!"

Then everything turned dark, her body inches from the rooftop.

When she regained her sight, the only thing occupying her thoughts was the pain that wracked her body. Specifically from her head. She felt as if she were underwater as she tried to figure out where she was and where the rest of the group were.

"Hello?" She called weakly. "Jason? Piper?...Leo?"

When no response came, Andromeda groaned as she ripped her backpack off her back. Digging inside she snatched the bag of ambrosia cubes and ate one. Immediately, her headache lessened and her body didn't ache as much. But, as soon as she tried to stand, the pain came back and she plopped down on her butt. "Damn it!"

Now she was forced to sit in total silence for gods knew how long and wait until the group found her. Just great. Shuffling towards a nearby wall, she scanned her surroundings. She was seated in what seemed to be a supply closet. Looking up she could see a giant hole in the roof of which she fell from (talk about embarrassing). A small door was on her left and she scooted over to it, twisting the knob and pushing it open.