[ 04. ]

II iv. 'happy' the dragon... II

WHEN Andromeda's eyes fluttered open, her face was squished into the floor.

"GET YOUR ASS UP!" Lou shrieked from her side of the cabin. "You've got a quest today!"

Peeling herself off the wooden boards, she rubbed her head. "First off, ouch. Second, it's not like I'm leaving as soon as I step out the door, Lou. I wanted to check up with Leo, Piper, and Jason before we go."

The other green-eyed girl clicked her tongue, before waving her hand. A pile of clothes zoomed towards Andromeda, smacking her in the face. She was met with the floor once more.

"LOU!"

"Complain later, get dressed now." her sister said. "And if I see those awful green converse on your feet, this time I will literally throw them into the lake!"

Andromeda grumbled under her breath before snatching the clothes off the floor and stomping into the bathroom. Checking herself in the mirror, she realized she was actually....still horrible.

Her eye bags were darker and more defined than before, her skin had lost it's bright aura making it look almost dull in the reflection, and her hair was in a strangely done clump on the top of her head. Smiling only made her look more depressing as she attempted to do so twice. It was so fake.

When she stepped out of the bathroom, freshly showered and clothed, Lou immediately attacked her. She'd approved of her outfit and threw her a bag for the trip. But once she landed on her shoes, she froze. "Converse. Now."

Andromeda looked down at her faded out, grayish tinted, dirty laced, shoes. "But they're perfect for a quest-"

"I will not have my sister walking out those doors looking like a hobo!" Lou said. "Give me the shoes!"

The older sister ended up chasing Andromeda out the door and through the fields until they managed to both smash into a grey-eyed girl. Annabeth. The three girls toppled over dop pile style.

Annabeth groaned from beneath them. "What the- Lou, Andie, get your fat asses off me!"

The blond girl ended up being squished by Lou, who was attempting to grab Andromeda's shoes. The curly-haired girl was frantically avoiding her sister's hands as she crawled away. "Beth, get this psycho away from me!"

All the girls froze as soon as the sound of wings and gears turning echoed throughout the camp. Andromeda looked towards the sky to see a bronze dragon swooping down towards the campus.

If she wasn't bothered by the fact it was swooping directly towards the group, she would have stared at the magnificent creature for hours. They all scrambled to their feet as Piper appeared out of the Aphrodite cabin, slowly making her way towards the machine.

"Leo?" Piper called.

Andromeda and the girls stumbled towards her, staring up at the dragon. It glistened in the morning sun like a living penny sculpture -different shades of copper and bronze-a sixty-foot-long serpent with steel talons and drill-bit teeth and glowing ruby eyes. It had bat-shaped wings twice its length that unfurled like metallic sails, making a sound like coins cascading out of a slot machine every time they flapped

"Holy..." Lou trailed off as she gazed at the descending dragon.

"It's cool! Don't shoot!" A voice shouted from the creature. Andromeda gave a second glance, realizing the person sitting on top of the dragon was Leo.