[ 01. ]

II i.the very bad day... II

ANDROMEDA JOHNSON was having a bad day. No, scratch that. She's been having a bad month. Everything was absolute chaos.

To recap: Percy Jackson was an asshole.

Let's start at the beginning. Percy and Andromeda's relationship had always been complicated. Since day one, Percy had convinced himself that Andromeda Johnson was the most annoying girl in the world. Now, don't think any differently of Andie. In her opinion, he was a slobbery gross twelve year old boy.

For years there had been constant name calling and teasing between the two children. Whether it was between which candy flavor was better or a life/death decision, they fought. Always.

Percy Jackson had always managed to find new ways to get under her skin. One time, he'd thought of the name 'green-eyes', because whenever she looked towards him, that was the first thing he'd noticed about her. During battle training he'd blurted the name, and Andromeda had used him for target practice. But if you think that stopped him from continuing the nickname? You are absolutely wrong.

Andromeda wasn't exactly innocent either. Her favorite name to call him was sea brain (she'd claimed it was because he must've had some water in their causing him to be so stupid). Percy had obviously despised the name one she'd explained it's meaning, and they continued their banter.

Until one fateful day (in Andromeda's opinion), Andromeda Johnson didn't seem like such a bratty girl anymore. Perhaps the memories of her repeatedly saving his life had finally registered in his brain and he was thankful, or it was his teenage boy hormones (most likely the second choice). Whatever the case, Percy Jackson started seeing Andie in a whole new light.

Andromeda still remembered the day so clearly. The day she'd found out Percy (sea brain) Jackson had a crush on her. To say she was surprised was far from what she was feeling. She was enraged that an annoying human such as himself dared to take a liking towards her.

So what did she do? She did what any girl would do in her position. She took a page out of the Clarisse La Rue book.

It took Annabeth, Grover, and Rachel to keep Andromeda from suffocating the son of the sea with toilet water. And at that exact moment (when Percy was coughing up toilet water and gasping for air) Andromeda realized she'd liked him back. She had to admit, it wasn't the most romantic time to come to a realization as such, but she had to work with what she had.

Romantic dates, cute walks on the beach, (couple therapy) and tons of kisses later, Andromeda and Percy had become a couple. They'd been happy for eight weeks.

Eight fucking weeks.

HATE. The word that was commonly used in Andromeda's vocabulary. Specifically to define people she, well, hated. One main excuse for her to use the word was Hera. The lady may as well have been the goddess of mischief and mayhem. The day she'd apparently showed up in Annabeth's vision, was the day a small spark of hope lit itself inside Andromeda. Why? Because she'd claimed she knew the location of Percy Jackson.

Which leads back to Andromeda's very bad day.

"ANDROMEDA!"

The door of the Hecate cabin slammed open, revealing her half-sister Lou Ellen Blackstone. She was panting as if she'd run a mile, her eyes scanning the darkly lit room. The similarity between the siblings was strikingly noticeable. Bright green eyes and dark hair (features they'd acquired from their mother). The only difference was Lou had pale skin and straight hair, whereas Andromeda had darker skin and much curlier hair.