Macca!

A/N: hi there mclennon fans, i hope you'll find this book interesting:3 remember that it's pure fiction so some dates and events might not be accurate! also if you feel uncomfortable with mentions and scenes of drug use, i do not recomend reading this story.

•••

"Hello, Earth to McLennon!" George joked, a little annoyed, when John and Paul didn't start playing when they were supposed to, but make out with eachother instead. They pulled away, flushing furiously and gave eachother a quick smile. "Chop chop, less kissing, more playing," he rolled his eyes at them.

"McLennon?" John rised an eyebrow and Paul was the one rolling his eyes at him now, in his own sassy way.

"It's McCartney - Lennon y'know. McLennon," he explained, earning a genuine laugh from the other.

"Is that really a thing now around here?" the lad questioned and the others all nodded in unison.

Everything was going great for them as a band. John and Paul were happy together too. However, there was something off and John could feel it. There was something wrong with Paul. He had been acting really on edge lately and would get into arguments a bit too often than what is usually considered normal.

At nights when he thought that John was asleep, he would just get out of bed and go write songs. John could often hear his voice through the walls but that was not the unpleasant part. His voice was the most soothing thing he had ever heard. Unpleasant and scary was the fact that Paul had stopped sleeping. He had lost a lot of weight too. His cheeks didn't seem so chubby anymore and it was rather terrifying how much you could see his cheekbones.

John had talked with the other Beatles about that once or twice and they were also worried, but too scared to ask Paul what was going on. It seemed like anything could trigger him these days. Any kind of comment on how he looked or acted differently than usually would set him off and lead to another, heated argument.

It wasn't happening only during band practises or when the lads hung out together. It had also happened during many interviews. There was this one where things had gotten really bad and Paul yelled at the interviewer, threatening to beat him up. Brian had a private talk with him about it though and after that Paul started controlling himself more in front of the press. Since that moment all The Beatles had become terrified of his unpredictible mood swings.

"So lads," Paul started and all the eyes landed on him. "I came up with a new song, can I play it to you?"

"I got one too y'know," George huffed angrily. "Said that yesterday already," he added and shot a glare to his bandmate, who was starting to look seriously annoyed."But sure, play us yours McCartney. I'd love to hear it!"

"If you're so unhappy just leave the fucking band!" Paul snapped. John and Ringo sighed in unison, knowing that there was another fight coming. It was usually George who would get on Paul's nerves because of his passive-agressive attitude.

"Maybe I fucking will!" the youngest lad fired back, his hands clenching into fists.

"Enough lads, this is getting out of hand!" Ringo stopped them. "It's impossible to work like this anymore!" He finally said what everyone had been thinking.

John was simply watching the scene, too resigned to participate in the screaming matches anymore. He tried to sort of lock himself out, only until they would stop yelling. It was a funny thing which he had learned to do when things got too hard to handle. Even though he would usually have no trouble doing that, everything felt too real this time. He couldn't just sit here and ignore his band slowly splitting up.