Another Day

-November 23, 1968-

"Look at this! 'The Beatles ran out of ways to call their new album! The Beatles comeback! Are they still as 'Fab'?" John read the paper outloud while the rest just followed the title with their eyes.

"Makes me bloody miss the Mersey Beat!" Paul complained and everyone laughed at the sweet memory of their Liverpool days.

After George Martin showed up at the studio they jammed for about 2 hours. Recording their self-titled album took them 81 days in the studio, but the happiness that recording again brought them all made every day seem fresh and exciting.

"What if we made an album like we're some other band? Release it under 'The Beatles', but make it more experimental?" Paul proposed. He made sure to sound casually, but he had been working on the idea for quite some time and he was anxious about the feedback he would recieve. "Make it like a concept album, y'know."

"So we're like a ghost band or something?" John asked, perching on his chair with curiousity.

"Kind of. I mean— All of us want to write songs that are different, don't we? Wouldn't that be great?"

"It would!" George agreed, enthusiastically.

"Would I get a song too?" Ringo joked and a grin spread across his face. "I think we should work on that idea!"

"Macca, my little genius!" John exclaimed. He rocked on his chair to be near enough Paul to poke at his nose.

"I told you not to do that, it's annoying!" Paul whined, kicking John on the shin just strong enough for it to hurt a little.

"Ouch! My leg! My leg! It's gonna come off!"

"Poor Johnny! Somebody get a doctor in here!"

"Ay Macca, if you ever kick me wonderful body again, you'll be the one needing a doctor!"

"Idiots," murmured George and Ringo nodded wordlessly. "At least they're having fun, right Ringo?"

"Right, George." Ringo gave his mate his jacket and thrown one on himself too. "We're taking off, lads. Don't miss us too much!" he annouced.

"They won't even notice we're gone," George spoke quietly. There was just a little bit of biterness in the tone of his voice. He loved it that John and Paul were cheery again, but he missed his friendship with each of them separetely. When John and Paul were together it seemed as if nothing was as important to them as goofing with eachother. George watched the squabbling lovers for a little moment, growing more glad than hurt with every passing second. Eventually he joined Ringo on his way out.

"Hey, Paulie?" John suddenly asked. Paul, who was just about to flick off the lights, stopped and hummed in response. "Do you miss our good ol' Liddypool?"

"Well..." Paul backed up to the wall and wondered. "Now that you mention it, I do. Why?"

"Oh, I just thought that we could take a trip. We've been working our arses off lately, a break would be good, you know?"

"Yeah," Paul agreed, his cheeks pulling into a smile as he spoke. "It would be amazing, John! We'd have so much fun!"

"So it's official. John Lennon and Paul McCartney will be rulling the streets Liverpool again!" John laughed. He grabbed his things and asked, "Shall we go for a walk before going home?"

"Sure, but let's grab a cup of coffee on the way. I'm a bit tired."

"But you're okay, aren't you Paul?" he questioned as they walked out of Abbey Road Studios. The sky was completely dark and there was no clouds hovering over them. It made it easy to see all the stars which dim light was boucing off the glossy road. The wind was blowing in delicate burts, thus creating the ideal atmosphere for taking a late night walk.