Handle It Like An Adult

"Are you planning on releasing new songs any time soon?"

"No."

"What John was trying to say is that we are currently working on our new album," Paul answered, forcing a polite smile. They had no idea why was this interview important to Brian, but they didn't care anyway. It was dead boring so far, like most of the interviews. At least now they were being asked about their music and not only about silly things such as their haircuts or women.

"I assume you all have been dealing with lots of hate towards you after John's little remark about Jesus," Floyd, the interviewer, changed the subject rapidly. George kept his face emotionless, Ringo and Paul only sighed, but John seemed to get a irritated. The man seemed to be excited about the drama and he clearly wanted to attract more viewers by bringing it up. "How do you feel about it?"

"Well—" Paul tried to answer, but John interrupted him before he could finish.

"We don't give a damn," he growled, giving the interviewer an acidic look. "What do you think about it, Floyd?"

"Oh, I..." the man stummered, suprised by John's question towards him. It was the most amusing thing that had happened so far during the interview, so all the lads were staring at him, trying to hide their smirks. "Has Paul been to rehab after the famous overdose that everyone is still talking about?" All their eyes went wide at the unexpected question. It looked like the man chose to ignore what John had asked him earlier and instead he reached for the weak spot.

"Excuse me?" Paul mumbled, gazing over to John, looking for help. If anyone thought John seemed irritated before, it was nothing compared to how he was looking now. He was fuming with rage, holding onto his chair so strongly that his fingers started turning white.

"Why do you care?" George spoke up and Paul made a mental note to thank him for it later.

"It's not me who cares, it's the world. Don't you care about your fans?" Floyd continued, looking proud of himself for finally getting them to exchange full sentences with him. It only doubled their anger and John stood up furiously.

"John, no!" Ringo tried to stop whatever was about to happen, but it was too late already. John had swung his fist and punched the interviewer, making him whine in pain and drop his microphone. George started laughing, but stopped himself as soon as he remembered that there were thousands of people watching. Ringo observed the scene with his jaw dropped and Paul too stood up, grabbing his partner and pretending to be stopping him from doing anything more. The truth was that he only did it because he wanted to be able to whisper a quick 'I love you' in the process.

"Let's go, lads!" John ordered and waved bye-bye to one of the cameras. They made their way out of the studio without saying anything more.

"Shit!" George burst into laughter as soon as they were out in the corridor. "That was something!"

"What do we do now?" Ringo asked, the tone of his voice filled with some worry, but he was giggling too.

"Not sure 'bout that." John shrugge and a grin spread across his face. "But punching him felt bloody brilliant, I'm not gonna lie."

"Yeah, the guy's a twat! How dare he say such things!" George agreed.

"We went to this stupid interview most likely because Brian wanted to shag him or something," John joked and looked over to Paul, who hadn't said a single thing since they left. He was also the only one who hadn't laughed at John's joke. "Ay Paulie, you okay?"

"What?" Paul mumbled, his gaze darting up at the sound of John's concerned voice. "Ah sorry, yes I'm fine, John. I'm okay," he assured, but it didn't sound convincing even the slightest.