Chapter 4

Once you got to the school you woke Dennis up so that he could go and get sorted. You then started making your way to your grandfather's office with Hagrid, said the password and went in. 

"Grandpa? You in here?" You questioned.

"Y/n! My pup!" (This is what Dumbledore has always called you because of your animagus)

"Hello grandfather!"

"How are you my sweet? How has everything been since...you know?"

"It's been fine I guess. Thank you for taking me in." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Of course, you are my granddaughter after all! I love you pup." He said with sincerity.

"I love you grandpa." I said and hugged him.

After a minute we broke the hug and he looked at me with a smile. "Well it's time to sort the first years. Professor McGonagall will help you before you get sorted."

"Minnie's here?" I said excited.

He chuckled and said yes. We then apparated outside the door to the great hall and had a a quick hug before he went in. It seemed that everyone was inside already. Soon enough Minnie and the first years started coming up the stairs and I saw Dennis as well.

Minnie turned around and I had a large smile on my face and she went right into a hug with me.

"Y/n! It's been so long since I last saw you! And you've grown so much beautiful girl." Minnie said.

"Awe Minnie I missed you and you look as amazing as ever!"

"Oh shush child! Well let me explain what you are going to do. After the first years are all sorted I will call out your name and the doors will open. You will then walk up to me and sit on the stool and everything is a given from there."

I nodded and gave her a smile. Pretty soon I felt something on my hips. Or someone should I say. I looked down and Dennis was hugging me. I knelt down and asked what was wrong.

"I'm nervous." Dennis said.

"Hey it's going to be okay. I promise. You will walk up to that stool head up tall and with a large smile on your face. I know for a fact that you will get into Gryffindor with your brother. And let us not forget that it's my first time too! So we are in this together." I gave him a bright smile and gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you y/n."

"It will never be a problem. I hope you know that you can be with me and ask me for anything if you want. And you can come sit with me after I get sorted if you want."

"Okay! See you in a bit!" He said with a great big smile and waved goodbye.

I chuckled and sat waiting for my name to be heard. While waiting I heard Dennis' name being called and he got Gryffindor. I smiled to myself and looked down. I wonder what house I'm going to get. Most likely not Slytherin, I don't believe I have the personality to be one. Whatever I'll find out soon.

I then heard Minnie speaking again. "Well that was all our first years for tonight. We do however, have someone new in their sixth year." Everything was silent. I could hear my own breathing. "Everyone please give a warm welcome to y/n Dumbledore!"

The doors opened and I started walking through the center of the room. I was playing with my sleeves and saw the twins and Dennis. I gave them a little wave and smile. All eyes were on me and I have never felt more awkward in my life.

As I got up to the stool Minnie smiled at me and I returned it. I sat and she put the hat on. 

"Ahhh I see. I haven't had a Dumbledore in a long time. This should be good." The hat began "Let's see...You're smart very smart, maybe a Ravenclaw? No, no, you're a shy one with a little attitude. A love for nature. And a musician? How lovely... quite stubborn I'd say, but cares for many. Let's put you in...."

_______________________________________________________________________________

What house will she be in? What do you think? Keep reading to find out!