Prologue

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

October 31st, 1981

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

It was a cold Hallow's Eve in Godrics Hollow, there was a sense of dread in the air. Lily and James Potter could sense it and it did nothing to calm their nerves. The Potters have been in hiding for more than a year, and every day the threat was coming closer and closer. But the Potters knew that they had to hide it for the sake of both Harry and Celeste.

The two one-year-olds were playing with their toys in the living room. Both of them fighting over who gets the mini broomstick next. James stifled a laugh as he watched the two play tug-a-war, eventually resulting in Harry winning.

Celeste, being the hotheaded infant she was, was not too happy about it. She picked up her toy sword and charged at Harry, stumbling along the way.

"Woah there, little warrior," James jokingly exclaimed as he swept the young girl into his arms. "Don't poke your eye out or Moony will have a field day with me."

"Why Sirius got his one-year-old a sword still baffles me," Lily stated, picking Harry up into her arms. Harry immediately nestled into his mother's arms and fell asleep. After a while, Celeste followed suit in James'.

The two Gryffindors looked at the children with wide smiles, cuddling them closer and savoring their time together. The war was still raging on, and right now it did not appear that the Order was winning.

"James, "Lily said, getting her husband's attention. "I'm getting scared. Every day we lose more Aurors and friends. What if we don't make it out of here? James what if we don't make it out? What if Harry and Celeste-" Lily could barely finish that sentence as tears threatened to spill and she choked back her sobs.

James pulled her close into his chest. "Hey, don't think that way," He wiped away the tears that were now streaming down Lily's face. "We are going to make it out of here. We will escape this war, I promise you. Then once we're free, we'll watch  Harry go to Hogwarts where he will be the finest quidditch player to step on that pitch, form his own little marauders, and eventually marry Celeste because Sirius and I will not be losing that bet." James smiled as Lily laughed lightly. Her laugh warmed his chest in such a cold time.

"James, I just wanted to tell you that-"

A large crack echoed outside.

James stood up and walked to the window. He was confused because Sirius said he was going to return to get Celeste later that night, but he was way too early. James peeked through the curtains expecting to see his brother.

But it wasn't.

It was him. He had finally found them and he was gliding towards the house with the most sinister look on his face. James didn't waste a single second.

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hide Celeste. I'll hold him off -"

Lily took one final look at her husband and dashed up the stairs, Harry clutched to her. James ran as fast as he could with Celeste, eventually hiding her in a dark cupboard and hiding her with anything he could find. He was not going to let his two bests friends' child die.