ONE. | The Escape Artist

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

After "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" was vanquished and the war finally came to an end, the Ministry of Magic had quite a mess to clean up. Trials were held to seize anyone who had any ties to the dark wizard, new laws were passed, memorials were built.

The Minister for Magic at the time, Millicent Bagnold, made it her mission to create a home for the children who had become orphaned in the war. A place where young witches & wizards could be protected and be aware of their magical heritage. The world had already seen what happens when a young wizard with an abusive past learns too much too quickly. They would not be making that mistake again.

The Diagon Alley Orphanage was built right in the streets, offering the kids the ability to explore the magical world. Charms were placed on the building making it that no dark wizard, creature, or beast could see nor enter the building.

They were completely hidden.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

July 1993

Diagon Alley

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Celeste Ellis Black walked through the empty streets of Diagon Alley. It was well-established that every morning, just as the sun began to rise, Celeste would go out into the open air and let herself absorb the energy radiating from the cobblestone.

She didn't exactly hate the orphanage. I mean how could she? She was provided a roof over her head, a bed to sleep in, food, warmth, and security. But, the stuffy place she called home gave her a feeling of nothing but sorrow. She never had any time with her family, well at least any she could recall. She knew that her father was in Azkaban, but she was never told why. She knew it was bad ever since she was little, for she heard the sneers. The occasional "daughter of a murderer" as she walked by.

When she first arrived at Hogwarts, the students acted just the same. When the sorting hat called out her name, people looked at her with looks of hatred, anger, and disgust. When she was put into Gryffindor, no one clapped. Or at least there wasn't until a certain boy with messy raven hair and emerald eyes, started cheering. Then a pair of red-headed twins joined in and a girl her age started nudging other kids waiting to be sorted to started clapping as well. It wasn't much, but it was enough to give herself some hope. Since then, she had become a well-liked figure in the castle, thanks to quidditch, being 1/4th of the golden quartet, and her undying loyalty to others as long as you didn't cross her or any of her friends.