THREE. | Millions of Questions

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Thankfully, the rest of the journey to the school was relatively peaceful. At long last, the train stopped at Hogsmeade station, and there was a great scramble to get outside; owls hooted, cats meowed, and Trevor croaked loudly from under his hat. Students were in a mad dash to escape the heavy rain, that felt more like ice as its cold temperature hit hard.

The quartet followed the rest of the school off of the platform and out onto a rough mud track, where at least a hundred stagecoaches awaited the remaining students, each pulled, by an invisible force. The coach smelled faintly of mold and straw. Harry looked better since the chocolate, but still weak. Celeste just looked out the window, staying silent, as her mind was trying to tell her something that she just couldn't remember. The thoughts turned into a thudding sensation. Ron and Hermione kept looking at two sideways but tried to keep the mood light.

As the carriage trundled toward a pair of magnificent wrought iron gates, flanked with stone columns topped with winged boars, the four all looked out to see two hooded Dementors, standing guard on either side. A wave of cold sickness threatened to engulf Celeste again. They weren't even at the school yet and she already had a threat. The carriage picked up speed on the long, sloping drive up to the castle. Hermione was looking out of the tiny window, watching the many turrets and towers draw nearer. At last, the carriage swayed to a halt, and Hermione and Ron got out.

As the four stepped out, Celeste could hear the laugh of a certain slimy ferret. "You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottorn telling the truth? You actually fainted?"

Draco Malfoy elbowed past Hermione to block Harry's way up the stone steps to the castle, his face gleeful and his pale eyes glinting maliciously. The two pimply gorillas he called friends trailed behind him

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron, whose jaw was clenched.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" said Malfoy loudly. "Did the scary old Dementor frighten you too, Weasley?"

"Oh please, we all know that you are the biggest coward around. Go run off to your daddy and cry about it." Celeste scoffed at her cousin, who looked like he might as well have been throwing a temper tantrum.

"What was that Black?" Draco asked, face flushed red from a mixture of embracement and anger. "You better watch out for that murderous father of yours. Come to kill you and your little boyfriend. It would do us a lot of good." 

Celeste was growing frustrated with her cousin. She could see Ron in her peripheral vision try to step forward, getting ready to attack Malfoy but she could see Hermione grab his arm not wanting him to get into the middle of their crossfire. What she could see was Harrys face growing red at Malfoys comment.