TEN. | Dragons & A Talk With Dadfoot

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The prospect of talking face-to-face with Sirius was all that sustained Harry and Celeste over the next fortnight. The shock of Harry becoming a school champion had worn off slightly now, but now the fear of what was facing him had started to sink in. The first task was drawing steadily nearer; Celeste and Hermione worried about getting him prepared for the task. His nerves were off the charts. They were way beyond anything Celeste had seen before a Quidditch match, not even the last one against Slytherin. To say the least, Harry was a nervous wreck.

Harry wrote back to Sirius saying that he and Celeste would be beside the common room fire at the time Sirius had suggested. Harry, Hermione, and Celeste spent a long time going over plans for forcing any stragglers out of the common room on the night in question. If the worst came to the worst, they were going to drop a bag of Dungbombs, but they hoped they wouldn't have to resort to that - Filch would skin them alive.

In the meantime, life became even worse for Harry within the confines of the castle. Rita Skeeter had published her piece about the Triwizard Tournament, and it had turned out to be not so much a report on the tournament as a highly colored life story of Harry. Much of the front page had been given over to a picture of Harry; the article had been all about Harry, the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions had been squashed into the last line of the article, and Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all.

The article had appeared ten days ago, and most of the school was still upset with Harry but Celeste found herself mad at Rita Skeeter. Rita Skeeter had reported Harry saying an awful lot of things that could never escape his lips.

I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now...Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it...I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me...

But Rita Skeeter had gone even further than transforming his "er's" into long, sickly sentences: She had interviewed other people about him too.

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Celeste Black, a stunningly pretty girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.

Rita had somehow found a way to wrap Celeste into the whole ordeal. Celeste found herself feeling conflicted. She was upset at her for invading Harry's personal space but blushed at the word love. From the moment the article appeared, Harry had had to endure people, Slytherins mainly, quoting it at him as he passed and making sneering comments.