FIVE. | Boggarts

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Malfoy didn't reappear in classes again until Thursday morning when the Slytherins and Gryffindors were halfway through double Potions. He swaggered into the dungeon, his right arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling. 

"Merlin, could he be milking it any longer?" Celeste thought to herself as she watched Draco's terrible acting performance. 

"How is it, Draco?" simpered Pansy Parkinson. "Does it hurt much?"

"Yeah," said Malfoy, putting on a brave sort of grimace. But Celeste saw him break character as he winked at Crabbe and Goyle when Pansy had looked away.

"Settle down, settle down," said Professor Snape idly.

They were making a new potion today, a Shrinking Solution. Celeste could see Malfoy set up his cauldron right next to Harry and Ron so that they were preparing their ingredients on the same table. He was creating a recipe for disaster.

"Sir," Malfoy called, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm --"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," said Snape without looking up.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm," Ron hissed at Malfoy loudly.

"Weasley, you heard Professor Snape; cut up these roots." Draco was smirking back at Ron.

Ron seized his knife, pulled Malfoy's roots toward him, and began to chop them roughly so that they were all different sizes. It was a bad move on his part, knowing Malfoy would not let it slide.

"Professor," drawled Malfoy, "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir."

Celeste rolled her eyes. It was hard to believe that some people actually respect Malfoy sometimes.

Snape approached their table and stared down his hooked nose at the roots, then gave Ron an unpleasant smile from beneath his long, greasy black hair.

"Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley."

"But, sir --!"

Ron had spent the last quarter of an hour carefully shredding his own roots into exactly equal pieces. Snape continued to demand Harry and Ron to do all of Malfoys work for the rest of the class. 

Near Hemione and Celeste's cauldron's, Neville was in trouble. Neville regularly went to pieces in Potions lessons; it was his worst subject, and his great fear of Professor Snape made things ten times worse. His potion, which was supposed to be bright, acid green, had turned --