FOUR. | The Attack

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr. Weasley implored Fred and George as they all made their way slowly down the purple-carpeted stairs.

"Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "We've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

Mr. Weasley looked for a moment as though he was going to ask what these big plans were, but seemed to decide, upon reflection, that he didn't want to know.

They were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward them on the night air as they retraced their steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over their heads, cackling and waving their lanterns. When they finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, Mr. Weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. They were soon arguing enjoyably about the match; Mr. Weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr. Weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed. Hermione, Ginny, and Celeste said goodnight to the boys before clamoring off into the girl's tent. From the other side of the campsite, they could still hear much singing and the odd echoing bang.

"So, someone has gotten a bit jealous," Hermione smirked in Celeste's direction as the girls all got into their beds.

"Oh fuck off," Celeste threw a pillow in Hermione. Only she missed terribly and smacked Ginny right in the face. That caused all the girls to laugh and continue their nightly talk before finally falling asleep.

Celeste never knew whether or not she had dropped off to sleep -She felt like she was floating and drifting further and further. But suddenly, screams and loud crowds echoed throughout the tent."

Something was terribly wrong, but only Celeste was awake out of the girls.

"Hermione, Ginny, wake up. We need to go now." Celeste screamed, startling the girls. It almost looked like they were going to complain, but she saw their eyes widen. They could hear the terror outside as well. The girls ran to wrap whatever robe or jacket they could around them before hurrying out of the tent.

By the light of the few fires that were still burning, they could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them, something that was emitting odd flashes of light and noises like gunfire. Loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.