TWO. | A Manky Old Boot

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

August 18, 1994

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Celeste woke up at the crack of dawn to the sound of her father's knocking on her door. It was the day of the Quidditch World Cup and Celeste was woken by the sharp sound of her father's knocking. Celeste usually would fall back asleep, but the energy running through her made her jump out of her sheets. After many kisses and an hour of smothering from Sirius, Remus and Celeste flooed to the Burrow.

The Weasleys must have been running late because the two walked into A silent Burrow. Mrs. Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt. Harry and Ron walked into the kitchen and Harry and Celeste made immediate eye contact. Harry went to speak but was cut off.

"Oh Celeste, my dear!" Molly had grabbed Celeste and pulled her into a bear hug. "How are you, my dear?"

"I'm good Mrs. Weasley." Celeste choked out, feeling like she couldn't breathe in Molly's strong grip. Remus noticed and coughed, gaining Molly's attention.

"Oh, Remus!" Molly went over to the man, giving Celeste the perfect opportunity to escape.

"Hello, Celeste. What d'you think?" Mr. Weasley asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito - do I look like a Muggle?"

"Yeah," Celeste said, smiling, "It's very good."

She made her way around greeting Fred, George, Ron, and Harry. The latter greeting was unsurprisingly awkward. They hugged and after an awkward few seconds pulled away to reveal their bright red faces. Ron laughed pointing at the two, which earned him a slap on the back of the head from Harry. Remus said his goodbyes to Celeste before traveling back to the cottage.

"Where are Bill and Charlie and Percy?" Celeste said, holding back a huge yawn.

"Well, they're apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs. Weasley, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" said Fred grumpily, pulling his bowl of porridge toward him. "Why can't we apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," snapped Mrs. Weasley. "And where have those girls gone to?"