Chapter 9: Putting It Together

Felicia's POV

I walked silently wondering what the principal and this stranger meant a the night before last night. I repeated their words over and over again. 

"A strange conversation. Indeed," I muttered inaudibly. 

"Felisssssia," a strange soft foreign voice whispered out to me somewhere in the hall. I looked around quizzically before continuing out of the hall.

"Felissia. I know you can hear me. Won't you just lisssten?" the melodic voice hissed out to me. I turned around coming face-to-face with a snake! It has black scales with some glittery golden streaks on them and emerald green slit eyes.

"What do you want?" I demanded cooly. The snake cocked its head to a side like a cute kitten staring at me indignantly.

"Finally, you hear me," it slithered closer to me and going up to my height. I backed away nervously biting my bottom lip. Then a peculiar thing happened. The snake's eyes flickered longingly at my lips before meeting my eyes again.

"Do you know Ssscarlett?" it asked. I frowned slightly feeling confused.

"Yeah. Of course. She's one of my friends," I replied bluntly. The snake tilted its head at me for a while before glinting its fangs at me.

"Go to her and her friendsssss. I asssssume they want to talk to you. They have ssssomething for you," it answered immediately. I blinked twice before staring at the snake.

"Why?" I demanded. The snake hissed in frustration again.

"You will sssseee. Ssshe isss in the courtyard at the top of the sssschool," with that the snake shot off into the shadows. I turned around rushing to the courtyard and found Scarlett and her mysterious friends along with this girl whose hair is amazingly wavy and grey-blue eyes. 

"Hi Sky," I appeared. Scarlett and her friends nodded at me as I sat down.

"What is it that you need?" I asked. Scarlett glanced around secretly before leaning forward mysteriously.

"I heard that you spied on the principal and this visitor last night. These are my friends Fey, Rev and Ross. We are trying to figure out the secret the principal is hiding. She is always hiding something," Scarlett explained lowly. I nodded my head eagerly. My dark ocean blue eyes glinted darkly. I opened my mouth and all of my night adventure spilled out as they listened attentively.

"This is peculiar," Fey muttered interested in our conversation.

"When you guys met Lyra. I was asking her what she is. She's hiding something from us. Her scent is weird. When you said she was bat-shifter. She looked relieved," Scarlett elucidated. I glanced at their faces silently before twisting my fingers quite nervously.

"I smelt something strange in her. Like there were many scents. Demons especially. But the demon scent is unfamiliar and dark. It seems like there is something about her we can't trust," I added. Scarlett and the others stared at me comprehensively before gasping.

"Oh no. I think she is one of the Zli Demoni Noći," Ross hissed frightfully. 

"I predict there will be an attack coming soon," Scarlett stated truthfully.

"But when?" I asked. Rev frowned thoughtfully.

"Why don't we place this puzzle together," he explained.

"What he meant is that to tell us what you think is suspicious and also include the dates of when it happened. Because it might be interesting to find out," Fey added. The others nodded spilling what they heard out of their mouth. 

"So far we know the days. They kept happening two days after the peculiar moment. The last moment was the night before last night which means the attack will probably be today!" Ross exclaimed as we jumped up to our feet just in time to hear sirens ringing and people screaming. Crashes and bangs were heard. Smoke reached our nose as we whirled around frightfully.

"FIND THE CHOSEN ONES!" a loud roar erupted in the hall. 

"The Zli Demoni Noći," Ross muttered quietly as a huge figure shaped as a strange body headed towards us. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no! Isn't this horrible? The attack has started! What do you think so far? Shocking that Felicia is the figure who heard the principal's and the strangers conversation! What do you think will happen next?

707 words.