Memories of You

I carry this photograph of you. Take it everywhere I go. It's my favorite picture of you. That way whenever I'm not around, I can still see your beautiful face. The best way to reminisce about the memories of you. You were a light beaming brightly. You were the stars, showing others the way. Your very nature could blanket anyone in comfort.

Our memories stretch far and wide, yet some stand out better than others. I'll never forget the first time we went to the amusement park. Pure fun. Fun that I haven't had in what felt like centuries. The rides that make you realize humans weren't meant to fly. The games that told you some rotten people enjoy scamming. The stores that taught you what overpriced items look like. All put together to provide you with entertainment. I never felt like a kid as much as I did there. What a kid was supposed to feel like. Happiness.

Not all memories come from something pleasant, but can come from something painful. Your mother getting cancer made you realize the harsh realities of the world. You can't prepare for something like that, and it makes you feel vulnerable. Life wouldn't be fair to you, and occasionally it would throw a curveball in the plan to shake things up. To keep you on your toes. But I stood next to you, helping you along, and eventually a miracle happened. Your face said it all.

My fondest moments cannot be summed up in one instance. Every holiday we had together as a family was another time I got to see you. It was a time for lament, but also a time for laughter. A time to release our anger, but also a time for knowledge and understanding. It was a time for love and togetherness.

I carry this photograph of you. To remember you for who you were. And even though cancer got you in the end, you will always be here with me. You were a fighter, one of the toughest. You were brave, something I admired profoundly. You were so loving and selfless; rather worry about others while you laid on that hospital bed.

I carry this photograph of you. It's my favorite picture of you. The best way to reminisce about the memories of you. Now it is time for you to join me in my world, as our deal entails. I'm sorry it's come to this, you deserve better, but deals cannot be broken.

I carry this photograph of you. It's my favorite picture of you. And now I'll show you it everyday so you never forget who you once were as you slowly transform into a demon like me. Your fight is over, now let us begin the torment.

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked the twist!