~Chapter Thirty-One pt 2~

I apologize for any mistakes. I typed this very late.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw that the kitchen sink was filled with dirty dishes so I rolled up my sleeves since no one else was in the room. As I washed the dishes, I spaced out a little. What should I do? I didn't know how I would get my parents to love me again. I would pretend to be straight but...Eric...how was I supposed to act straight when he's with me? I couldn't turn off my feelings for him and come to think of it, if I had a choice to, I wouldn't. Liking him and him liking me back really made me happy.

I smiled a little and quickly stopped spacing out. I was nearly finished with the dishes when all of a sudden. I heard footsteps  and I quickly pulled down my sleeves. The fabric roughly rubbed again my cuts which were still very sensitive so it was quite painful. However, I managed to prevent myself from showing any signs of pain.

"Noah, we need to talk,"

I jumped a little at my mother's voice and then I felt my heart racing. What did she want to talk about? My parents weren't going to disown me...were they? Were they going to send me to a straight camp? Maybe they were going to accept me, or let me be?

I followed her into the living room and there was a pang in my chest. It still hurt a little to be in the room where my grandma died.

My mom sat next to my father on a 2 cushion couch and I sat in the 3 cushion couch beside them. I did my best to take deep breaths and to stop my hands from shaking. I was so nervous...I wish Eric was with me....no, I can't always need him all the time, I need to do this on my own. By myself....

My parents looked at each other as they were telepathically deciding on who should speak. It turns out to be my mother.

"We decided to let grandpa take you for the week. Your father and I don't want to leave you home alone again. That was irresponsible of us and we're sorry. It won't happen again. We promise to leave you with some sort of babysitter.

'Geez, that's nice.' I thought. But seriously, I was even more nervous than before. I mean my grandpa is awesome but...everyone in my family was so conservative. Most were even very homophobic and racist. I remember on my great-grandmother's birthday, the whole family went to the retirement home to celebrate and my grandpa's step sister's daughter brought her girlfriend with her. No one in my family except my nana spoke to them. After the two left every, my entire family was talking about how disgusting that sort of lifestyle was. With a family like that, it\s no surprise that my parents and my grandpa were Conservative.

"Anyways" my mom continued, "We need to figure things out, maybe go to a few group sessions. I spoke to my therapist about this situation and he said that we should accept you"

I began to calm down a little. So..they were going to accept me? All we needed was time away from each other?

"But, I don't know how I'm going to accept this," my dad cut in. "It's so unnatural. I'm not against homosexuals, but that should be behind closed doors and I don't want anyone in my family be that way"

My heart shattered. So...they aren't going to accept me...?

My mom nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry, Noah. We just can't accept you being like that. We want grandchild and for you to have a beautiful wife. People of the same gender can't fall in love with each other...it's just...impossible. It's supposed to man and woman."

Eric popped up in my mind. So...what we have between us wasn't real? That can't be true. We really like each other and...I'm falling in love with him...so...It has to be real. There's no way that one of us being a girl would change anything. Everything would be the same.