~Chapter Seven~

(Noah's P.O.V)

It felt like some of the weight of school has been lifted off my shoulders since Eric has been helping me take notes and organize my binder. I hardly allowed him to help me with my assignments but he practically forced me to let him check It before I handed It In. I didn't want that because I wanted to make mistakes so I could learn from it. I knew I had a bad habit of rushing into questions but If someone babies me and constantly nag me about it, It'd feel like I'd never learn on my own. However It was Eric we were talking about here so he managed to force me to let him help.

My handwriting has improved a little since I was practicing to write neater and a bit slower. I felt embarrassed that Eric told me my handwriting was terrible so I guess that embarrassment got me determined to write neater.

Not only was I practicing writing neatly but I was organizing my notes in every subject. Since Eric had helped me by telling, i mean forcing me, to take notes on whatever that wasn't on the notes he already gave me. Plus he wrote me a sheet on how to take good notes in class.

Speaking of notes, I wonder If one of my classmates really wrote me those notes on Biology that Eric gave me, To me, It seemed a bit too sophisticated for a tenth grader. It had strategies that Mrs.Earon never taught us but those strategies help me understand better.

As I was working on my Geography notes, using Eric's techniques, I heard my phone ring. That particular ringtone meant I received a text message which surprised me. Who texted me? It definitely wasn't one of my old friends and as sad as it sounded, my mom was the only one who texted me.

I pushed myself away from the desk and got up from the swivel chair, nearing falling.

My reflexes were always slow but since I was always tripping, I learned how to quickly regain balance and grab onto anything that was around me. However when it came to catching things and dodging things...It was a fail.

I picked up my phone off my night table and saw that It was Dustin who texted me.

Oh yeah, I forgot that today at school, we exchanged phone numbers right after he apologized for his friends.

Dustin:Have you seen safe house? The one that stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds?

I blankly stared at the text. That was really random. Wait was he asking me to see the movie with him?

Me:No, not yet.

I texted back,feeling my heart race. Something was weird about me. Today when I was talking to Dustin at lunch time, I felt a bit nervous talking to him. It was definitely different from when I was talking to people. When I spoke to other people, especially a large group of people, I felt nervous because I was afraid they would judge me. It didn't feel that way with Dustin. I was nervous because I found my eyes looking at him. I of course looked down when I realized I was staring at him but I couldn't help but look up again.

He texted me again and my heart jumped when I read it.

Dustin:Do you want to see that movie with me on Saturday? Just the two of us? I still want to make up for avoiding you for the past couple of weeks.

I took a deep breath as I texted him my answer.

Me: Ok.

My heart felt funny and I was anxious to figure out why. The feelings I have when I'm with Dustin..really scared me.

_________________________________________________________________

(Eric's P.O.V)

For the past couple of weeks, I've been tutoring Mr.Scatterbrain. No matter how many times I had thought about It, I still couldn't believe how calm and comfortable I felt when I was around him. It was like no matter what I say or do, he wouldn't hate or judge me.