~Chapter Ten~

(Noah's P.O.V)

After school, I headed to the kitchen to get a snack until my grandma told me wasn't feeling well and told me to go to the bathroom to get her medication.

When I got them, I heard her vomiting all of a sudden.

I automatically called my parents, who were upstairs, that we needed to go to the hospital because my grandma's immune system was insanely weak so even a cold was dangerous for her.

My parent ran down the stairs, my dad carried my grandma and we all jumped in the car and boom I was here.

Slouching on the uncomfortable chairs, I prayed to God since there was literally nothing else I could do.

I looked at my parents and my mom was leaning on my dad's shoulder with no expression on her face.

I closed my eyes and somehow, time flew by for me.

The doctor told us they had to keep her at the hospital for isolation just in case she had something contagious. My mom told my dad and I she was staying at the hospital.

Before I knew it, I was alone in my dad's car, in the passenger seat, since he had left something in the waiting room.

I suddenly felt my body trembling with anger so I kicked the glove compartment as hard as I could, leaving a dent and dirty shoe-prints. My dad really loved this car and got strict whenever someone slammed the door, ate, drank or smoked in the car. But I didn't give a damn what the consequences were, NOTHING could be worse than this.

After I felt my legs get tired so I leaned back on my chair and waited until he got back.

My dad came back and to my surprise, he didn't say a word when he saw what I did to the glove box. He turned the key in the ignition and drove home.

--------------------------------

I'm going to fast forward time all through the week because basically, every day was and felt the exact same to me. At school, I kept my head down in all my classes, literally not doing anything and didn't care if I got yelled at. I got an ''are you ok?'' from Mrs.Earon and a least a couple of people in each of my classes.

I'd go the hospital with my dad and stay for a few hours until my mom told us to go home so I could eat.

I found myself cancelling tutoring sessions with Eric at lunch time. He asked ''why'' the first time and I told him I was busy. After that, he'd just responded with a 'K'. Even though I knew that he knew I was going to take the whole week off, he'd still text me everyday and asked if I was going to cancel or not.

Dustin sat beside me and each day, he'd ask me If I was ok. When I truthfully answered 'no' he asked if I needed space and I'd answer yes to that question every time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday came by and while my parents and I were in my grandma's waiting room, the doctor came in the room while my grandmas was sleeping. He had said something that changed our lives forever.

'I'm sorry to say but she will not live long. She has a brain hemorrhage which is basically bleeding in the brain. It is deadly because of her age and she has had it for a while. We cannot cure it but we can slow it down for a short period of time. The longest she'll live is a month."

And with that, the doctor walked out of the room.

What...did he say?

My eyes wondered to my mother and her face was red, tears filling her eyes. My dad buried his face into his hands so I stood up and hugged my mother.