~Chapter Fourteen~

(Noah's P.O.V)

I knocked on the door and put my hands in my pockets, waiting for my parents to open the door. Like I predicted, they didn't. They didn't like to answer the door unless they were expecting a visitor and since I was supposed to walk home, they definitely weren't expecting me this early.

To let them know it was me, I rang the door bell numerous times as fast as I could.

The door swung open, revealing my tired-looking father and I stopped immediately.

"How did you get here so quickly?" he yawned, moving out of the way so I could come in.

I took off my-I mean Eric's scarf, put It In the closet and kicked off my shoes.

"A friend gave me a ride.''

"Oh." he mumbled. He looked a bit lost for a moment until he yawned again. He kept his eyes closed as he asked another question.

"Who?"

"Eric. My tutor."

"But not for much longer." I added In my head.

He made a little groaning sound and clumsily made his way up the stairs. He opened his eyes a little so they were half open and he tightly onto the railing so he wouldn't fall backwards.

If my father was in this condition, how was my mother? She was up all night crying again wasn't she?

Why did they hide their pain from me? I understood that they didn't want to worry me but I still hated It when they pretend they were OK. I wanted to be there for them. If they wanted to, I would've stayed up all night comforting my mom instead of my dad since he still needed to work.

I sighed inaudibly and let my head hang down. I headed for the stairs and passed the living room. When I did, I turned my head away.

I couldn't bring myself to look at the heart clenching sight that was in there. My grandma was in there, laying helplessly in a hospital-like bed. Pillows were surrounding her since her body was so fragile. She was literally skin and bones. IV's were attached to her thin, bony arm to transfer the medication to her system. A machine was on a small, white folding table beside the bed that beeps(telling my parents when my grandma's body needs the medicine).

I wanted to hit myself. What was wrong with me? If I couldn't face her now, how exactly was I supposed to say goodbye to her? Was I even strong enough to do that?

I shook my head, pushing the thoughts out of my head.

I took out my phone out of my pocket as I walked up the stairs.

Eager for a response for my confession, I texted Dustin a question mark. Why wasn't he answering? Don't tell me he was kidding and didn't expect me to confess.

Almost immediately, he texted back.

Dustin:Really? You're not messing with me right?

I shook my head and instantly replied.

Me:Yes. No, I'm not messing with you

I placed my cell phone on the top of my desk by my computer and slipped off my bag strap, dropping my back pack to the front. Taking off Eric's sweater, I walked up to the chair tucked in my desk and fixed it since it was now inside out. I folded It and neatly hung It over the chair. As I took off my uniform, I tossed them to the ground and walked to my dresser. I opened my second drawer and scanned for some pants.

I picked out a pair of brown sweat pants and threw them on. I checked the next drawer to find a long sleeve shirt.

I usually slept In a tank top or t-shirts but my room gets really cold at night during the winter.