~Chapter Five~

Noah's P.O.V)

'You have something on your face." He told me, making my face go hot. I raised my hand to my face.

"Where?" I asked, tilting my head.

I wasn't sure If It was just my imagination but I could've sworn his facial expression softened a bit.

"There."

My eyes widened as he reached towards me. I felt my body flinch a bit but when his fingers softly touched my cheeks, I couldn't move. I usually pulled away when someone touched me unexpectedly so why couldn't I-?

His facial expression suddenly went back to normal, the annoyed expression, and he quickly spoke.

"It says 'idiot'."

He retrieved his hand and sprinted up, walking away as I opened my mouth to speak.

So....Eric told Mrs.Earon he would tutor me but then he met me and refused. He showed up at the library, gave me notes and said he would only help me with a few good questions. Which one was the real Eric? Ugh! Why couldn't I read body language or read into what people are saying or doing?!

I slammed my head on the table then looked at the clock. Twenty more minutes until last classes were over. I got up, gathered my text books and walked out the library.

With my eyes glued to the ground, I fast-walked back Biology class, being careful not to trip or step on the back of anyone's heel. Although I was successful of not doing those things, I failed at not bumping into anyone. I bumped into many shoulders and I wasn't sure why. Classes were still going. I was probably bumping into the students who were coming back from the school's trip for the 11th graders.

I fully walked into someone and they grabbed both my upper arms. All I could see was the guy's neck. I wasn't short for my age but all these guys, who seemed to be growing non stop, made me feel that I was.

Wait...was it Eric...?

"Whoa!" the voice of the person exclaimed. Nope it DEFINITELY wasn't Eric. Why did I think it was him? He was nearly a full head taller than me but this person was only half a head taller.

"Are you ok Noah?"

I looked up and my eyes met with a familiar, friendly pair yet concerned pair of hazel eyes.

I nodded as my eyes fell back to the floor. A shy, small smile quickly formed on my lips as I opened my mouth to speak, trying to sound confident.

"Hi, Dustin."

My voice came out as quiet and weak but he didn't seem to mind.

"Hey how are you?"

"Fine." I answered...way too quickly, making it obvious I was lying.

Although I wasn't looking at him, I could tell his eyes went from friendly and concerned to suspicious.

"You're lying." he stated, making my face go hot in embarrassment.

"I-I have to go to class." I told him quickly. That was when I realized he was still holding me.

"I-I"

"What's wrong?" he suddenly inquired, his voice soft. I could tell his eyes softened as well because I no longer felt a pair of eyes glaring down at me. I slowly raised my eyes to look at him and felt a flutter in my chest.

"I'll um...tell you later..." was I could say, forcing myself to look down again to prevent myself from staring at him.

"Ok."