~Chapter Six~

(Noah's P.O.V)

"So you prefer Eric over Rebecca?" Mrs. Earon asked after the bell rang when I walked passed her desk.

My legs stopped as the question slowly sunk in my brain.

When I fully absorbed it, heat occurred in my chest and then went up to my cheeks.

W-W-What is she talking about?!

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat as I tried to keep my composure.

"P-pardon?" I said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"To tutor you." she told me as she packed her bag with assignments and tests she had to mark.Oh! So that's what she meant. For a moment I thought she asked if I would choose Eric over Rebecca romantically....That sure gave me a shock! But....shouldn't I feel disgusted?I mean the thought of being romantically involved with another boy is...

She spoke again, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Eric yesterday told me at lunch that he decided to tutor you and that he spoke to you about it. He said that you said you wanted him to tutor you instead of Rebecca."

My mouth opened slightly out of confusion.

"Huh?" I said of disbelief. I did hear that correctly right? Bu-but Eric told me Mrs. Earon forced him to tutor me and that Rebecca couldn't...

"No,  Rebecca wanted to tutor you but Eric told me you didn't want her to."

'Why would Eric lie like that?'

"O-Oh...w-well um he's right. I mean I think I'm more comfortable with him-"

Crap! I shouldn't be putting it that way.

"I-I mean I get really nervous around girl. I'm working hard to get more comfortable with them."

'Good save...I think'

Mrs.Earon just gave me a smile.

"Ok, Noah....I was just making sure. Have a good day."

"You too." I said walking out of the classroom.

'Why would he lie like that?' I asked myself again.

I really didn't understand him.

An unpreventable smile formed on my lips.

I'm glad that he lied though'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Eric's P.O.V)

 I hate that feeling on a Monday morning when you know that you had to go to school in an hour or so. Of course it was bearable because Blondie was on my side,cheering me up. But when she wasn't around, I felt the hate people had towards me. It was either out of jealousy(since I had lots of awards, had a perfect record since elementary school) or It was because I purposely ignored people or insulted them. Why did people hate me for those? There were lots of douche bags in my school and people likes them. My brain was the only thing I had. Without my intelligence or confidence, I think I would probably be a loser. I barely had anything.

Not like I was complaining. Having a friend like Goldilocks and having at least one relative alive and (sort of) allowing me to live under their roof was great. But I sort of wished I had more like parents, a group of friends and a boyfriend. It sort of felt like NO ONE(except Blondie) would even like me. Most of the time when i felt that way, I'd tell myself  "Screw the world. If people don't like you, then it'd be a waste of time to be sad over it. Just hate them."