Charismatic

"Recording? Yep. Let's start with your name, age, unit?"

"My name is Anton Voight, I'm thirty-four, and I work with GSG 9."

"Alright, what's a strength of yours, Anton?" She analyzes his giant round glasses. They looked good on his fair-skinned face.

"I take my job very seriously. I calculate every outcome and don't make mistakes." The blonde male claps his hands, holding them together. He seemed eager to be talking to her.

"That's good, that's good. Have you considered putting that kind of focus into being a shield?"

"Hmm..." He runs his hand through his hair, slicking it out of his face. "I've trained with people who've done it, but I've never done it myself."

"Would you be open to try it?" Ritual asks hopefully.

"I could always give it a shot."

"Great to hear." She hums, satisfied. "Do you have a weakness?"

"If I do, I don't know it." Anton shrugs.

"Cocky?" Ritual stops tapping her pen.

"I have my moments." He smirks ever so slightly.

"Not here." Ritual teases, in her usual hard-to-read way. She moves her book to cross her legs before resuming her general poise. She found him intriguing.

"Yes, Miss." Anton straightens up a little, no longer leaning against the cold locker.

"I'm just teasing you." Ritual chuckles. "Seriously, there's a difference between being cocky and being confident."

"Cockiness is the byproduct of hard work." Anton shrugs. Ritual starts to say something, but stops when she realizes his attitude was similar to her own. She shakes her head and scoffs.

"It's refreshing to see you know your worth, but don't inflate it." She hums. "They teach you that in basic?"

"Nope." Anton beams from the slight praise. "I learned that by earning what I'm worth."

"Good man." They nod to each other in understanding. "Last, ah, what's something you miss from your home?"

"Hmm... The library in my town. I used to sit and read every day, so much so that I'm sure I've read every book on the shelves."

"A reader... I respect that. We're done here." Ritual ends their time. 

"Do you... Have any books around?" Anton chimes curiously. "I don't want to be bored."

"I've got some around, but they're mostly in my loft. Ah..." Ritual hums, glancing down at the corner of the book poking out from behind her note-taking paper. "Have you ever read A House of Sapphire and Storms?"

"Surprisingly, I've never heard of it." Anton tilts his head.

"Of course you haven't, I wrote it." Ritual takes the stack of books and papers she brought in, selecting the journal-like book. She really only brought it to have a writing surface, but it worked out nicely that it was here. "How would you like to?"

"Me?" Anton looks at it, then at her. His hands carefully meet the book as though it would vanish under his fingertips. "You know..." He chuckles, looking at the pages with soft eyes. "A good writer signs a book they give to someone."

"Oh, really?" Ritual detects his flirting, taking the book back gently and opening the cover. She never felt the need to sign the book before, since it was hers and hers alone. She grabs a pen from her stack and signs her name with care before returning it to his hands. Anton looks at it, running over the letters.

"Kámámê... Râsemûse." He carefully pronounes her name. "Your handwriting is so beautiful," he chimes. "You wrote this whole book?"

"Yeah." Ritual hums softly. "It's about some of the experiences of... Of someone I served with once." She lies. She wasn't sure what even prompted her to give him something so personal, but she felt safe as he held it. "Very raw and real, so please tell me how you like it."

"I will," Anton stands up, offering his hand to her. She places her hand in his to shake it, but instead he gently kisses the firm knuckles of her glove. "I promise."

"Thank you, Anton," She blushes under her mask and clears her throat. "Send Gunnar in."

"Sure thing, Miss." His smaller frame slips through the weighted door just before it clicks itself shut. Ritual lets out a contented sigh, lifting her notes to write.

"Anton Voight... Charismatic. Trusts himself too much to distrust others. Slightly blind to personal privacy. Presumably skilled, borderline cocky, but has enough humility to show rather than tell. Next..."