*under revision* Blind Trust

"Anton, your head too far in that book?" Ritual comes up behind him, leaning against the couch.

"Not at all, Rit," He closes the book she gave him, turning to face her. "Time for my month of training?"

"Starting today." She gestures for him to follow her. Anton quickly grabs his gear from the lockers, suiting up and trailing her outside. The wind chills him even through his uniform. Ritual doesn't budge. "Ready?" She says, handing him her old shield.

"Of course." Anton examines it a little before clutching it firmly.

"Good stance. Don't lock your knees though." She walks around him, observing. "A few aim tests, and then I want to see how you handle close quarters. Go wild."

Anton's slender frame steps up to a comfortable distance away from the targets. He stares down sternly, quickly observing all of their positions before putting two shots into each. He crouches and weaves slightly as he reloads, and does the same thing. "How's that?"

"Impressive," Ritual chimes in amusement. "Go ahead and hipfire for me." She snaps her fingers. Anton puts his arm behind the shield, slowly walking towards the targets and emptying the mag. He backs up to reload, weaving just like before. Ritual paces around him. "You sure you haven't trained with a shield before?"

"Not once. Only observed." He rests against the shield.

"Then I won't waste any time." She raises a brow, gripping her gloves firmly and cracking her knuckles. "Let's try close quarters."

"I've always liked it that way." Anton grips the shield, slowly walking towards her. He stands straight and bows his head to see as much as he can of her through the viewport. Ritual backs up a bit, watching his steps.

"So, you like your offense?" She chuckles before taking a quick step forward and hitting his shield. He budges slightly before pressing towards her once more. After almost making a full circle, he suddenly starts to back off, opening the door to Ritual instead. She takes it and pulls out her knife to rush him. Anton ducks the opposite direction of her blade and pushes her, knocking her over before he takes aim and tags her vest as she lays in the snow.

"Good work." Ritual encourages as she dusts the snow from her gear. She picks her knife out of the powder and sheathes it as Anton reloads his pistol. "I'm very pleased... I can see why you're so cocky."

"Told you." He chuckles and adjusts his grip on the shield. He places it between them both and following her as she circles him. Ritual pushes him a few times, all yielding no response. Deciding to finish things, Ritual brings her foot up to kick his shield. She connects and sends it out of Anton's hands and they both skid across the snow.

"Damn," he shakes the snow from his helmet and stands up. "You're strong!" He chuckles and looks up to see Ritual running at him, jumping with her blade held high. Startled, Anton turns and raises the shield above his head. She lands onto it with a groan, dropping her knife into the snow.

"Well, um, that wasn't part of the plan." Ritual groans. Anton laughs as he looks at the woman through the viewport. She chuckles a little herself, laying on top of his shield. He tilts it and allows her to slide off. Ritual pats his back. "You do pretty good all-range. Let's have another round before late." The two spar until Anton can barely get back up.

"Ritual..." He lays in the snow, groaning.

"Come on, pretty boy." She comes and helps him to his feet. "You shoot good, but it's not instinct to you; it's academic." She stands him straight in front of the targets, pressing her chest to his back. He stiffens at first, but quickly relaxes into her as she places her hand under his arm. "You feel that?" She asks, her heartbeat faint against his back. He nods, listening. "Good. I want you to trust your instincts. They're better than any calculations. Fire when you feel is right."