Heads Will Roll

"Gunnar!" Beau points to the man, "Head out to the docks. Ritual's got a shipment waiting for you."

"Yes, sir." Gunnar stands up, walking briskly to the garage door after grabbing his coat. It closes softly behind him before he feels his phone vibrate in his pocket, pulling it out to see the message.

Ritual: Code to the key box is 572949. Remember to take your compass.    1:04 PM

"Five-seven-two-nine-four-nine." He mutters to himself as he presses the firm buttons, listening as the gray box clicks and swings open to reveal four sets of keys and two buttons. He is about to select the first ring of keys until his phone vibrates once more.

Ritual: Don't even think about taking mine. There's three others.   1:05 PM

Gunnar chuckles softly to himself as he selects the second ring of keys and twirls it, pressing the button to open the garage before walking over to the black and white snowmobile. He places his compass in its slot before pushing it out onto the snow. The wind strikes him, sending shivers through his gear and into his bones. He closes the garage door and quickly sets off, kicking up the fresh powder behind him.

"Almost there, Able?" Ritual leans forward slightly.

"Just another moment, Kamehameha." Able answers. "What's got you so eager?"

"My ears are blown out, I'm eager to be away from that damn helicopter." She shakes her head. "Also maybe away from you."

"Hey!"

Gunnar can see the poles marking the docks come into sight, slowing down slightly before skidding to a stop and sending a wave of snow over the waiting black crates. He slowly gets off and cracks his freezing fingers. Grabbing the cargo sled and rigging it up securely, he approaches the crates and lifts the first one, finding it surprisingly light. A familiar sound meets his ears, followed by a harsh wind.

"Privet! Need some help?" Ritual shouts overhead, dangling from the helicopter. She slides down the rope before entangling herself, hanging upside-down with her legs wrapped firmly in the cord. Swinging slightly, she continues to slowly slide down as the excited man rushes over to her.

"Kámá!" Gunnar reaches out to her, meeting her hands as she descends. "You didn't tell me you were coming back."

"It was a surprise." She chimes, removing her mouth piece to reveal a small smirk. She was conscious of the smile that had instinctively taken over her expression, and the soft tone in her voice. It surprised her. "Did you miss me?"

"More than I miss being inside right now." He jokes, lowering his snow mask enough to give her a passionate kiss. She chuckles as Gunnar eases her down from the rope.

"Until next time." Able clicks his tongue as the helicopter rises. Gunnar and Ritual both wave him off before their eyes meet again, making them smile. 

"So, did you destroy anything while I was out?" Ritual asks with a nudge before picking up a crate.

"Only each other, in card games." Gunnar shrugs as he takes the last crate over. He leans against the snow mobile as Ritual strings everything up tight. 

"Eh, minimal casualties." She stands up, dusting the snow from her hands. "Ready?"

"Oh, did you still want me to drive?" He cocks his head.

"Da, I was just in combat for two months, I'm tired!" Ritual jokes, hopping onto the back of the seat. Gunnar looks at her for a second, observing her. She sat so perfectly, like a model; legs split and back arched with her shoulders squared to broaden her chest, hands on her large thighs. He takes in her form with a gulp, wanting so much more of her than he could see.