Timorous

"Beau."

"Yes ma'am," the French man addresses her shyly, tapping his foot in anticipation. It was clear he was nervous.

"A greeting?" Ritual opens her arms to him, easing up and meeting him as a comrade to quell his worries.

"Oh!" Beau chirps, surprised, before pecking both sides of Ritual's mask with his lips. She then clears her throat and starts their interview.

"Here we go. Name, age, CTU, strength and weakness, and something from home."

"My name is Beau Rousseau, I am twenty-nine, and I affiliate with GIGN."

"You're one of the only ones younger than me. What's a strength of yours?"

"I'm very obedient; lots of 'yes sirs' from me. I always follow instructions."

"I like that. Being able to depend on someone to complete something you need the way you want is very relieving to most." Ritual reasons. "How about a weakness?"

"People take advantage of that obedience and bend me to their laziness."

"Elaborate?" Ritual says, lacing her fingers together and leaning forward.

"Ah, a teammate telling me to watch a door while I am busy holding a certain spot where I maybe heard a noise, while they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves."

"Right. With me you'll learn: You run them or they run you. It's always good to help your teammates, but don't let them control you. Be confident in yourself and your own ability on the field. If you hesitate, you're already dead."

"Right." Beau smiles softly. "Thank you, ma'am."

"What's something you miss from your home?"

"Ah," He takes a deep breath before smiling ear to ear. "Working at my family's amazing bakery. Ever since I was a boy I was running around that kitchen, doing whatever they would let me. Even then, lots of 'yes sirs'. 'Yes Papa'."

"You have a bakery?" Ritual asks, suddenly happy. "I love baking."

"Yes, my papa made the dough as early as the sun. I'd spend my day making sweets for the school children."

"That's wonderful." She returns a smile. "Maybe I can teach you to bake some of our traditional foods. Ah, like Kalaallit Kaagiat and rhubarb tarts. Mmm."

"I'd love that!" He nods happily. "Trying new things is always fun. Maybe I could teach you some things too, like Clafoutis."

"Oh, we've gotten carried away," Ritual laughs heartily, smiling as she clicks the recorder. "All good, Beau."

"Great, I'll go get Oscar, oui?" He bounces slightly, about to grab the door handle.

"Go ahead." She nods, and uses the brief silence to review what she's written. "Beau... Timorous. Likely suffers from social anxiety. Recognizes authority, very pleasing to be around. Need to try his cooking. Next..."