twelve - lake.

listen to song above while reading for better experience, headphones recommended.

warnings: violence, profanity, mental illness

[a/n: pls guys I literally love your comments sm- forgot to say that when I first made this chap but y'all make me so happy w your comments]

y/n pov

You woke up in the basement again

But this time, you weren't confused or surprised.

Your knee was still just as bad as it was before, and if anything it'd only gotten worse.

However, Kiyoomi felt bad about this and decided to tend to you despite you having just came him with a knife.

"Don't try that shit with me again." He said sternly as he took the ice pack off of your knee and replaced it with a non-melted one.

"I know." You muttered, feeling utterly defenseless at this point.

There he goes, treating me like a child again.

Except this time it's different.

He knows that I'm actually helpless now--more helpless than before.

But I don't have time to wait for him to warm up to me again-- it probably won't even happen.

I'm not staying here.

Once he finished tending to your knee he got up and started walking out of the basement, presumably so that he could go to bed.

He turned around. "If you want to come upstairs and sleep in my room you're welcome to do so." He offered, which made you grimace and turn around.

If he was going to sleep that should mean that you had a chance to escape.

It didn't matter if you knew the language, you knew a bit of sign language so you could use that to your advantage.

Anything would be better than this.

You slid out of bed and started making your way upstairs after an hour passed, assuming that Kiyoomi would be asleep by now.

Same thing you did before.

You grabbed your jacket and your boots, zipped everything up, and opened the door.

However this time your senses were hyperactive and you heard everything. The creaking of the floors, the howling of the wind outside, everything.

You went out and breathed in the fresh night air, closing the front door of the cabin behind you and walking away from it in the same direction you had the first time you tried to escape.

That river probably leads to a village.. Maybe those people can help me.

Although you were still disgusted by everything you were surrounded by, you were too focused on your escape to care.

As soon as you got down the stairs of the house you broke out into a run, even if it hurt your knee like hell.

Now isn't the time.

All you could do was run.

You hadn't heard him coming up behind you or anything by the time you made it to the river, so you followed it.

-------------------

sakusa pov

As he awoke, he sat up groggily and decided to go check on you.