Chapter one - Funeral.

warnings: extreme OCD, mental illness, poorly written insanity, mentions of physical/mental harm, profanity, mentions of sociopathic personality

listen to the song above while reading for better experience, headphones recommended.

comments appreciated!

a/n: pls idk what I'm doing at this point i just know the last real chapter was rushed n i feel bad about it. also, all of the 'impulses' i used in this chapter were ones that i got either right before or during the production of this chapter because ocd ;sparkles;

narrator

Some days it felt like they were just waiting for her.

Waiting for the moment that she laid her head down on her pillow and went to sleep.

They weren't monsters.

They couldn't break her limbs, bruise her, or otherwise physically harm her.

But they sure as hell were great at harming her mentally and emotionally.

You'd think that a bad dream wouldn't be something that could hurt someone that badly.

However over a long period of time, having all of these nightmares and traumatic flashbacks can get to someone.

Sure, they were able to get on a boat back to Japan.

But while his impulses about things like cleaning and disinfecting got a little better, hers were becoming a lot more prevalent.

It was a disorder they both had, but before all of this you'd most likely say that Kiyoomi had it a lot worse than Y/n did.

Scratch your leg 8 times.

Is the door locked? Check it.

Bite the inside of your cheek four times or the boat will sink.

Scratch your hair 7 times.

Wash your hands twice.

Check the door lock, you might've accidentally unlocked it while locking it.

Did you turn the bathroom light off?

Scratch your arm 21 times or you're gonna get sick.

Rub your forehead twice.

She couldn't control it, and the nightmares only made it worse.

Some nights the girl dreamt of her most traumatic experiences with Kiyoomi, causing her to wake up thrashing and hitting him without him being aware of why.

Some nights she had nightmares of dying on the boat, getting caught, or otherwise failing herself.

But others, she dreamt of what would, or what could happen if she didn't listen to her impulses.

Scratch your leg 8 times, it might have something infectious on it.

Is the door locked? If not then someone could get in and arrest you.

Bite the inside of your cheek four times, we don't want the boat to sink.

Scratch your hair 7 times, what if it has dandruff in it?

Check the door lock again, you can never be too careful.

Did you turn the bathroom light off? What if the lights go out and the only light that works is the bathroom light, but it's burnt out from being on too long?