Chapter 6: Mage Killer

A/n: Read the quote if you want :)

Outside of the castle, Irisviel was going to the forest while she watches the castle where Kiritsugu is in as well as where the children were kept in.

Maiya: Madam... Please hurry.

She said as Irisviel watches her walks away. Suddenly, she felt a loud thump in her chest, knowing what that means.

Maiya: Madam?

Irisviel: Another intruder. Right in the direction we're headed. We'll run into him if we go this way.

Maiya: Understood. Let's circle around to the north side, then... Madam?

Irisviel: The one who's coming is... Kotomine Kirei.

Maiya: Kotomine Kirei..?

Maiya said as Irisviel nods at her.

Irisviel: Maiya, Kiritsugu ordered you to protect me, right?

Maiya: Yes. But...

Irisviel: But what? We cannot let him get to Kiritsugu, no matter what. Isn't that what you're thinking?

Maiya: Madam, you...

Irisviel approaches her.

Irisviel: What a coincidence. I was thinking the exact same thing. Kotomine Kirei... He probably poses the biggest threat to Kiritsugu. The two of us will stop him here. Is that okay, Maiya?

Maiya: I apologize for asking you this, but please prepare yourself, madam.

Irisviel: Yes. Don't worry about me. Simply fulfill your duty. What you believe to be necessary, not what Kiritsugu told you to do.

Maiya: Yes. Is there something else?

Irisviel: No. What we call the human heart... It's such a mystery, isn't it?

_____
_____

Castle

Inside the castle, a gunfire can be heard. Kiritsugu was firing rapidly at Lancer's Master who is shielded by a gray slime.

???: You repeat an attack you know to be utterly futile.

He chuckled as Kiritsugu continues to fire until he throws his gun beside him and pulls a pistol. He fired at Lancer's Master as the bullet successfully went through the gray slime's shield and hits Lancer's Master directly.

???: *grunts* Scalp!

The slime stretches and tries to hit Kiritsugu as he dodges it and grabs the gun that he threw earlier and fires rapidly at Lancer's Master, only for the slime to shield him again. Kiritsugu slowly walks backwards and starts to flee as the slime went to it's original shape. Lancer's Master is now holding his wound as he grunts in pain.

???: *grunts* He broke through Volumen Hydrargyrum's autonomous defense? No, I was just careless in facing his petty attacks. I shall assume defensive posture more quickly and  efficiently. He's a disgrace to Magi everywhere. Low-class piece of garbage! How dare he draw my blood... He'll pay for it dearly.

He said as the slime violently destroyed every obstacles in it's path. After that, Kiritsugu hides himself and leans on the wall, reloading his guns.

Kiritsugu: Now that he understands how powerful this attack is, it won't work a second time. He'll put all of his mana into defending this time. No... That's what I need him to do.