Chapter 13: Return of the Assassin

A/n: As you can see now, I've skipped Kiritsugu's "past" in this story. If you are curious about his past life, watch Fate/Zero Season 2, Episode 5 and 6.

A/n: This is one of the clips of Kiritsugu's past...

Morning

Irisviel is now at the storehouse and she is lying down on a magic circle while Midoriya and Saber are watching her and they are both worried.

Izuku: I hope that she's okay...

Irisviel: Hm...

He heard a sound from Irisviel and saw her opening her eyes.

Saber/Izuku: Irisviel/Ms. Irisviel.

Irisviel: Saber, Izuku...

Saber: Irisviel, how are you feeling?

Saber said, offering her hand at Irisviel who is trying to stand up.

Irisviel: Oh. Looks like I made both of you worry. I'm sorry.

She said as she grabs Saber's hand.

Saber: It's fine. As long as you really are all right, I could ask for nothing more. But...

She paused for a moment as she sensed someone.

Irisviel: It's okay. This presence is Maiya.

Izuku: Oh...

He said, remembering that time seeing her killing Lancer's Master and his wife. He tries to forget it and focus on his goal as he opens the door.

_____
_____

Irisviel: From Tohsaka?

Maiya: Yes. Tohsaka Tokiomi requests an alliance.

Izuku: An alliance? Right now?

Irisviel: Tohsaka must be uneasy at the thought of dealing with Rider and Berserker. We appear to be the team most inclined to form an alliance, so he invited us to meet. In other words, he thinks us to be the weakest compared to the others.

Maiya: Tohsaka said he wishes to meet tonight, at the Fuyuki City church. Tohsaka Tokiomi has been making elaborate preparations for this Grail War from the very early stages. It's also likely that he's controlling Assassin's Master, Kirei Kotomine, from the shadows. If Tohsaka does exert some influence over Kirei Kotomine, then we cannot ignore his offer.

Irisviel: Indeed.

Saber: Kirei Kotomine...

Izuku: That man... I still remember that time he tries to kill Ms. Irisviel.

He thought to himself as he remembered the man that tries to kill Irisviel at the forest, as well as when he lost control over his emotions and almost kill him.

Irisviel: Remember his name, Saber. If there's anyone who can defeat Kiritsugu and win the Holy Grail War, it is Kirei Kotomine.

She said as they stood up.

Irisviel: We'll accept his invitation.

Izuku: Ms. Irisviel, are you sure about this..? What if this was a trap to lure us? What if that Archer Servant appears and try to kill us? And with your weakened state-

Irisviel: It's fine. Saber and Maiya are here to protect me. You can protect me too as well, just like you promised.

She said as she smiled at him. Midoriya looked at Irisviel with worry and he can only is nod.