04.

"This is a small town, babe."

-

                    • 2 weeks later •

The sound of birds chirping sounded through my room causing me to wake up. I sat up in my bed rubbing my eyes before squinting them at the clock on my night stand table. The clock read 6:15 in bright, bold green letters. I knew there was no school because it was Saturday morning, but I was an early riser. The birds always woke me up this way.

I swung my feet over the side of the bed causing them to dangle from the side since I was too short, and I grabbed my phone. I seen that I had several texts from my girls that they probably sent me last night. I clicked open the message app on my iPhone and clicked Mandy's message first.

1:57AM - Mandy bitch 😛

Victoria, there's a party Saturday night idgaf what you say, you're going. ily.

I laughed at her message and quickly typed out a reply.

6:17AM - Italian Mami 💃🏽

you'll have to drag me out by my hair before I'll go with you.

I hit send and clicked out of our messages and clicked onto Cierra's message.

11:06PM - Cierra ❤️

I'm serious. I'm gonna end up killed if I don't!

I furrowed my eyebrows at her message, but quickly remembered that I had been texting her just before I fell asleep. She was telling me how she was already failing two of her classes and that her parents were going to kill her if she didn't bring her grades back up.

6:19AM - Victoria 😍

they're not going to kill you, cierra. They literally tell you that all the time. They're too pussy to even make you go to your room. You'll be fine lmao.

I then clicked over to Natalie's message and squinted eyes at it.

12:21AM - Natalie 💋😘

I'm coming over tomorrow, k? k.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her message and didn't even bother to reply. I set my phone down on the table and hopped off of my bed. As I made my way toward my bathroom, I begun to untangle my long hair by combing my fingers through  it.

I walked into the bathroom and did my usual business before going into my closet. It seemed gloomy outside today, so I had to have something cute but comfy. I didn't know what Natalie was planning on doing today, but knowing her we would be out in the public eye doing something.

I decided to wear a red tank top, that showed off my tan stomach from the belly button down, a black cardigan sweater to go over it, and black skinny jeans.

After putting on my outfit, I put on black boots that seemed to go perfectly with it and were very comfortable to walk in. I left my hair down for the day and did my usual makeup routine.

As I walked out of my bedroom, I looked at my phone seeing that it was exactly eight o'clock. I didn't realize it took me that long just to get ready for the day. I stuffed my phone back in my pocket and shuffled down the stairs.

As always, I was greeted by the smell of coffee brewing and my mother sitting on her phone playing that god forsaken game. I laughed to myself as I kissed her cheek and made my way over to the refrigerator.