24.

Recap---

"Natalie slept with Simon, Victoria." Mandy said. "Simon cheated on you with your best friend."

•••

In that moment when Mandy spoke, my world stopped. It was as if everyone around froze in time, they were miles away from me, all their mouths moving slowly as my breath began to quicken. I could feel my heart beating against my chest rapidly and my hands shaking. I could feel my eyes start to burn but I didn't... I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to do anything.

In that moment I could feel my fingers slowly start to curl in a fist as everything around me began to zoom in. I could hear everyone yelling at one another. My eyes glistened with tears as my heart still beat rapidly. Everything started to come back to me and I looked around at my surroundings. Cierra was screaming at the top of her lungs at Natalie. Justin held Mandy back from beating Natalie up and Natalie was being Natalie. She stood still to the situation, tears streaming down her face as Cierra yelled, but me? I just stood in place.

 She stood still to the situation, tears streaming down her face as Cierra yelled, but me? I just stood in place

I stood frozen in place watching Natalie. I watched as her eyes stayed away from Cierra, how she flinched when Mandy threw something at her head and Justin screamed for everyone to calm down. I watched as Natalie's eyes darted on everything else in room except me. She ignored me... And that's not what I wanted.

Flashbacks flew through my mind of that night. Everything started to piece together. How could I have not seen this coming? That night crossed my mind and it all just made sense.

Flashback...

Loud music blasted through the large house. Smoke filled the crisp air and the smell of sweat and alcohol wafted through the air. Simon's hands were wrapped around my waist as he talked to his friends, the both of us sipping Amsterdam out red plastic cups. I looked at my friends who danced on the dance floor, Mandy twerking on Natalie and Natalie twerking on Cierra. I smiled at the sight and wanted to be with them.

"Babe," I said looking up at Simon and smiling as he looked down me, a drunken but cute smile on his lips. "I'm gonna go dance."