17.

REWROTE THE CHAPTER.

"This is like a soap opera..."

-

I brought my hand down after shaking Felicity's, and smiled down at the baby slowly falling asleep in her arms. She smiled up at me as she took notice in my wandering eyes and took the bottle out of Adrianna's mouth. I watched as she carefully moved the baby onto her shoulder so that she could maneuver around easily.

"She's beautiful." I said, following as Felicity gathered up the diaper bags and bottle. I saw that she was having a hard time considering she had to carry the baby and I quickly started to help.

"Thank you," Felicity smiled up at me as I grabbed the bottle and diaper bag from her hands. "For helping and for calling her beautiful." We both chuckled. "She looks a lot like her father."

I nodded my head at her words as we walked down the hallway. I could hear what sounded like my parents thanking the guests for coming and I knew that the day was ending. I couldn't help but to notice very clearly, however, was the tone of Felicity's voice as she said Adrianna looked like her father, and wishing the guests a safe trip home was the last thing on my mind. A frown was evident on Felicity's lips, and I frowned as well. The sympathetic person inside of me threatening to come out.

"I don't mean to sound so vague or blunt, but if you don't mind me asking, is the father in her life?" I asked but as soon as I saw the look on her face I shook my head realizing I didn't actually want to sound rude, but of course I did. "I-I didn't mean to say it that way, I just saw the frown when you said that so I was just wondering. You don't have to answer me. I'm stupid for even asking and I completely understand--"

"Victoria it's okay," Felicity cut me off, stopping abruptly in the hallway and shushing me as she pointed toward the sleeping baby. "I wasn't offended at all, I was just shocked that you said it so easily. Normally people beat around the bush and it gets annoying. I like that you came to me so straight forward."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive." She said beginning to walk toward the living room where I could see Mandy and her family sitting down.

I also saw how much Mandy was slaying her fucking outfit. Damn, my girl knows how to dress. Yaaaas girl, come through.

"Her father is in her life though. He wasn't always though which why her looking so much like him disappoints me. It isn't even the fact that I hate his looks though. He's gorgeous and we made a beautiful daughter. But it's just....I don't really know how to explain it." She said. "I guess I can put it this way. He's in her life just not as much as I wish he would be. When I first got pregnant with her he thought I cheated on him, which I would never do, and thought she wasn't his. He wasn't there for the entire pregnancy."

"Typical male these days." I said pursing out my lips. I already hated this guy.

"Right?" She said flicking her wrist in a duh motion. "Then when she was born his mother took his DNA without him knowing, freaky I know, and we got a paternity test proving he was the father."

"This is like a soap opera." I gasped causing Felicity to laugh just as we entered the living room, causing Mandy's head to pop up instantly as she saw us. She raised her manicured hand as she flashed us a smile and rushed toward us.

"What are you two ladies talking about?" She asked us before looking down at Adrianna and cooing at the sight of her sleeping.

"I'm telling her about Adrianna's dad." Felicity said as Mandy took her out of her arms.