30.

READ END NOTES.

                      • One month later •

I breath in and out as I stand in front of my mirror. My makeup was done perfectly and the black dress my father bought me hung tightly around my body. My hair cascaded down my back in curls, my natural honey colored hair making everything brighter. I wrapped a pink jewels necklace around my neck as there was a knock on the door. I shouted that the person could come in and smiled when I saw my sister enter, my cap and gown hanging in her arms.

 I shouted that the person could come in and smiled when I saw my sister enter, my cap and gown hanging in her arms

"Almost ready?" She asked me, keeping the door open behind her as she walked towards me. "Mom and dad are waiting with their camera."

"Yes, I'm ready." I laughed, my smile not reaching my eyes.

"You know..." Bella said, coming up behind me and helping me place the cap and gown on my shoulders. "Everything's going to get better. You're gonna go to NYU in two weeks and you're gonna be happy. Things aren't going to be bad forever. Isn't that what you told me?"

I nodded my head. I knew that everything was going to get better. I just wished things would get better soon. This past month has been so hard for me. I spent my days sulking around and laying in bed. I became distant from everyone, including Cierra, and became a loner. It was noticeable that the break up between Justin and I took a toll on me. I was not the same anymore and everyone knew.

I denied the scholarship to go to Africa this summer. I told my parents that my dream wasn't to be a lawyer but to be a vet and because of my sadness they didn't argue. I was pleased but that didn't stop my sadness. Everyday I was reminded of what happened a month ago by seeing Justin and Mandy's faces. I would sit alone at lunch and roam the hallways by myself. When I would see them they would give me looks of sadness. They would attempt to talk to me but I would just smile and look away. They knew that I didn't want to be bothered and that's why they haven't attempted to speak to me in the last two weeks. Neither of them know of my future plans--- that is until today at graduation--- I was to make a speech. I was second highest in my class and they asked for me to make a speech about how High School was for me. I knew that I would be too emotional. I hoped I didn't run off stage.

"Let's go." I smiled at Bella, interlacing our fingers together and walking out of the room.

We walked down the stairs, my heels clicking behind me as I could hear the claps of my parents and sound of the camera clicking. I smiled as I saw my mother crying with her hand held up to her heart. My father had the biggest smile on his face as he took the pictures. I could do nothing but hug both of them as they told me how proud they were of me.