5~ A picnic in the orchard ~ Sophie, Agatha

"Goodness darling!" Sophie gasped in awe, taken aback by the castles dazzling features.

"You really have spruced things up since Rhian and Japeth were here, you could have thought I'd have designed it!"

"It's nice and all living in Bloodbrook with Hort but my oh my I'd give that dusty, old mansion up to live here!"

Agatha smirked at her best friend, linking arms with her and leading Sophie to the orchard.

The trees- yet to bloom their fruits- sprinkled blossom from their outstretched, wooden limbs onto the luscious, green grass bellow, imbedding itself in Agatha and Sophie's hair.

"I really have missed you Aggie, it gets lonely in Hort's home town without you, the older Aggie would have loved it there: it's all dark and gloomy."

Agatha chuckled, "Come on, Chef Silkima has prepared us a picnic, I thought here would be a nice place to eat it."

Both girls spread out a blanket and lay a spread of delectable goods out in front of them:

There were strawberry tarts, cucumber and creamed cheese finger sandwiches; there were scones, olives, empress grey tea, sour dough, mixed charcuterie, white chocolate cookies, chicken liver pâté, lemonade, Harrissa-spiced sausage rolls as well as a selection of first class sweets such as lemon posset, elderflower jelly and strawberry and pistachio delice.

"I don't usually eat much but even I can make an exemption once in a while," Sophie said wide eyed.

Both girls dug into the spread, Agatha chomping on cookies while Sophie delicately nibbled on a cucumber sandwich.

"Goodness Aggie darling, you may need to slow down on those, it's as if your eating for two!" laughed Sophie, chummily poking Agatha's belly.

Agatha stopped chewing.

'Why did she have to bring that up out of all the things you can bring up in a conversation,' she thought, slumping against a tree: the last thing she wanted to think about was the news she'd yet to give to her friends: she'd come here as an escape with Sophie to try and put her mind at ease.

Part of her was worried about the pressure her child would have to bear to become a successful ruler and part of her was worried that if anything were to go wrong, would Tedros and her end up like Arthur and Guinevere?

No. She had to stay strong.

She had to stay strong for Tedros, Tedros who was her beautiful, fairytale prince.

"Queen Agatha?" a guard asked, snapping her out of her trance.

"King Tedros would like to speak with you," he glanced at Sophie, "Alone."

Both girls looked at each other, startled, before Agatha hurried off with the guard, leaving Sophie and the picnic behind.