8~ The birth of the next heir ~ Tedros

9 long, tiring months had passed; the time had finally come for Agatha to give birth to Camelot's heir.

Tedros paced the halls, sweating profusely under his royal robes. Sophie, Hort, Anadil, Hester, Dot, Merlin, Guinevere and Lancelot all sat in the hallway, faces pale, listening to Agatha's cries and moans; she had been in there for a two hours straight.

"I can't take this anymore, I can't let Agatha go through this alone." Tedros announced, reaching for the doorknob to their room.

Kiko appeared behind the door, "No one allowed in the room until the queen has given birth!"

"But I'm her-"

"No means no!" Kiko shut the door, seconds later she popped her head back round, "Sorry!"

Tedros exhaled sitting on a long, oak bench head in hands.

"Teddy, you know Agatha, she's endured pain worse than this before, mentally and physically, she'll be ok," Sophie reassured him, placing an arm over his shoulder.

"Yes dear boy there is no need to worry: my calculations state that within mere minutes your son or daughter will be born, you should be excited! For your people will be in awe of the next heir!" Merlin exclaimed.

Tedros lifted his head, running his hand through his thick mass of wavy, blonde hair.

"Thanks for being here for me guys, I wouldn't have been able to do this alone, I wouldn't even have my place as Camelot's ruler if it wasn't for all of you."

Cries exploded from Agatha's room.

Tedros's eyes flared in alarm; he sprinted for the door, hurling himself against it, bursting it open.

He stopped.

Agatha lay in a pool of sweat, she looked weak and paler than usual.

Beatrix held a baby in her arms.

"It's a boy," she said softly, handing the delicate baby over to his father.

The baby already had a few blonde curls just like his father and wide dark, brown eyes just like his mother.

His skin was a luscious tan colour, Tedros noticed as he gazed at his and Agatha's child.

This was his son, his. This was the boy who would go on to lead Camelot, this was the future king.

He smiled down at his baby, tears forming in his eyes.

"Looks just like you," Agatha wheezed with a wide smile on her face despite the pain she had just endured.

"Only with his mother's beautiful eyes," Tedros whispered walking over and sitting on the side of the bed.

Both mother and father held their baby in their arms, nuzzled into each other, finally at peace.

Sharp pains stabbed at Agatha, aching body once more.

"Tedros," Agatha's face paled even more.

"Tedros, I-I think there's another one!"

She grasped her husbands clothes, shutting her eyes in pain.

"Stand back!" Beatrix breathed.

Tedros backed against the door, clutching his child against his chest, the baby still crying.

"Come on Agatha! Almost there! Come on!" Kiko shouted.

"You can do it Agatha! Keep going!"

With a primal scream, another baby was born: he had raven black curls and dazzling blue eyes.

Unlike the first, this baby did not cry, he only gazed at his surroundings, glassily.

Reena cleaned the child up before placing him in Tedros empty arm.

He held his two sons, twins, just like Sophie and Agatha.

"Hello Arthur," he breathed glancing at his first born, he looked at the other, a smile growing on his face. "Hello Cole."