19~ The reunion ~ Anaya

An: Hi everyone sorry it's literally been like a year since I wrote the last chapter, I've been so busy omg!! I started year 10 in September so I've been stressed revising for GCSE mocks, i literally have one on Wednesday😩😩 Anyway thank you all who have stuck with this story since I started writing it 2 and a bit years ago ily all!!!

Here are some snacks for while ur reading <33
🍬🍫🍰🧁🎂🍿🍩🍮🍭🍪🧃🥤🧋☕️🍵🍤🍣🍜🍝🌮🌯🍟🍕🍗🍖🥪🍔🌭🧇🥞🥨🍳🥯🍎🍊🫐

God, i felt awful for Cole, stood there- completely rigid-like a cardboard cut out.

His pale face was even paler than usual, cheeks tinted slightly pink.

I didn't even know what to do, the room was completely silent. No one stirred, only looked or, should I say, scrutinised his every feature.

I was almost as humiliated as he was, being his best friend and all, yet there was no way I could draw attention away from him.

In an abrupt motion a hand, skin pale as snow, flicked out from the shadows of the wall and grabbed Cole by the shoulder.

It drew him back into the security of its darkness and before I had time to react something was pulling me by the back of the collar of my dress.

My lips parted in protest but bony fingers closed around my jaw as a reaction.

I stared around in confusion, gathering my surroundings.

I seemed to be in a dimly lit corridor, barely wide enough for one person to walk through.

Next to me was Cole, behind him, a pretty snow-white skinned girl with long eyelashes whose hand was clamped around his mouth as well.

On one side her eyelashes were black, the other side was white.

I recognised her at once.

~~~

I had not seen much of Ciara and Kalon, both the twin offspring of Hester and Anadil.

Both were equally as unusual as the other. Both had long yet elegant features, each attribute was sharp and poignant. They always dressed tastefully: Ciara was a fan of tight fitting, dark coloured dresses and Kalon always wore something with a collar.

But what was most striking about them was their faces.

Each had dark coloured hair with white flecks messily yet skilfully arranged.

Ciara's was long, around the length of the middle of her back and layered.

Each strand was layered and turned pointedly inwards, framing her smooth, oval face.

Kalon's was short and messy, it flaunted his chiselled jawline.

Everything about them was angular yet refreshingly interesting and alarmingly pretty, they looked like they had enough power to dispose of you with the click of a finger.

Anaya's parents hadn't met up with the Twins' very often especially now that they were older but when they did she remembered having lots of fun with them.

Well, with Kalon.

Ciara was too uptight, when Anaya and Kalon wanted wanted to chase butterflies or sneak up and scare their parents, Ciara thought she was too old for it, even at the age of 8.

However, she never stopped them from doing as such.

Yet she would always be there when they got into trouble: if they had gotten muddy catching the butterflies, or knocked Hort of his chair, scaring him inordinately.

Ciara would offer them a cat-like smile, relinquishing their suffering, then turn away and get on with whatever she was doing before.

She must have some Never potential, Anaya would think every time.

~~~

Anaya looked up, realising it was Kalon's hand that was preventing her to speak.

Instinctively, he let go, drawing both hands to his sides, blushing slightly.

"We're sorry we just snatched you like that," he spoke, his voice clear and crisp.

"We just felt the need to rescue you, you both looked as helpless as kittens," Ciara interrupted, her face poker except for her eyes which looked like they were smiling.

"And also, we needed to hand you this."

Kalon passed us both a piece parchment, folded neatly into four sections.

On mine it read:

Anaya of Bloodbrook
EVIL, 1st Year
Malice Tower 82
...

There was also information about my classes but I was too excited to find my new room to read them.

"Cole we have the same room, Vice tower 59?" Kalon asked, well, it was more like a statement when he said it.

"Yeah.." Cole looked uneasy, as if where he was had only just hit him.

"Anaya your with me," Ciara announced.

How great.