15~ First strike ~ Cole

"AGGRHHH!" Cole screamed, throwing a chair into his bed, splintering the wood.

"ARRRRGGGHHH!" He screamed again, fists curled so tightly, they were white.

"YOU- YOU PROMISED" He roared, eyes darting to the window.

He slunk across the floor, bloodshot eyes fixed to the sky.

Cole dug his nails into the windowsill, creating groves where his nails were.

"YOU PROMISED I WOULD BE GOOD! YOU PROMISED I WOULD GO TO THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD! NOT EVIL! NOT THE GOD DAMNED SCHOOL FOR EVIL!"

His nostrils flared as he glanced around the room.

"MOTHER! ANSWER ME GOD DAMN IT! YOU DID IT BEFORE!"

"WHAT ON THIS UNHOLY PLANET ARE YOU DOING BOY"

Tedros roared, his kingly gown billowing in his gate.

"THIS IS MOTHERS FAULT!" Cole thundered in reply, "GOD DAMN IT! SHE PROMISED ME! SHE SAID THAT- THAT I WOULD-"

"I've heard enough"

"SHE- SHE"

"I SAID ENOUGH" Tedros slammed his fist down on Cole's desk, creating a dent in its wood.

Cole's face was flooded with angry, hot tears, snaking down his pale face.

Tedros grabbed his son by the collar of his shirt, slightly lifting him off the ground.

"You listen here boy, if it's anyone's fault here it's yours not your mothers, don't you dare blame your mother for this, don't you dare blame her for anything."

"Your mother was 100% brave, 100% kind, and 100% good, unlike you, you are 100% disappointment."

With that Tedros let go of Cole and raised his arm high above his head.

Cole's father glanced up at his hand then back at his son.

He hesitated for a second, doubt momentarily appearing on his face.

But then pure hatred returned.

He struck Cole hard on his left cheek, leaving his face bright red.

Cole reached a shaking hand up to his throbbing cheek and gazed at his father, new tears pooling in his eyes.

He shrank against the wall, shame and sadness clouding his face as he watched his father exit the room, his back turned to his son, leading Arthur out of the doorway who must have been eavesdropping.

Cole curled into a ball and shook, sobbing until he cried and cried and cried himself to sleep.

~ An hour later ~

Cole found himself panting in the corner of his room, his palms and forehead drenched with sweat.

He sucked in shallow, panicky breaths and he found when he tried to speak his voice was raspy.

Thinking back to the events leading to this point, Cole couldn't help but wonder if he may just be the most unlucky prince to ever live.

1. His father loathed himself and his twin... now mostly him
2. He was now enrolled in the School for Evil
3. He had cursed at his dead mother
4. He would be known as a failure from now on since there had never been an Evil ruler at Camelot
The list could go on for days.

Sure there were princes who were slain or beaten, fooled or fouled, but the guilt that would burden him, the guilt that would weigh upon his shoulders, the guilt that would slowly strike at him every single, living, breathing ounce of his whole eternity, would eventually swallow him whole.

Just like a snake.

It would be too much to live with. Just too much.

Yes.
No.

Surely his father would forgive him.

There must have been a mistake.

Since when did evil rule Camelot?

The School made a mistake and it would be fixed.

But what if it wasn't a mistake? What if he was meant to belong in evil.

Yes.
No.

No. Definitely a mistake.

Besides, he was second inline to the throne, having being born two minutes after his twin brother, if everything went to shit, Arthur would be the ruler anyway, no need to worry.

Besides, the School would mend its mistake and all would go well.

He would apologise to his father and he would be transferred to the School for Good sipping posh tea with his posh friends who had posh humour.

How fun.

He would learn to be happy and if anything were to happen to his brother (god forbid) he would be there to lead Camelot.

Yes. Cole told himself.

Just come to School the first day and he would be moved and the wrong would be righted.

What? That didn't make sense.

No.
Yes.

He just needed to get out, talk to someone.

Lucky for him, he knew the right person.

Cole wiped his tears and packed sandwiches into a bag that had most probably been brought in when he was sleeping.

He raced down the stairs as fast as he could, tripping once or twice then exited through the east doors into the apple orchard (no one would be on duty here) and finally sprinted to the lake he had been the day before.

A/n: Hey everyone thank you so much for reading and I'm so sorry I haven't updated in months, I have extremely strict parents took my phone from me. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next chapter will have Anya's POV (Hort and Sophie's child). Bye ily all <33