6~ Troubles are in the past ~ Tedros, Sophie

This would be his one and only chance to talk to Agatha before dinner in the great dining hall.

This would be his one chance to change his queen's mind about her pregnancy.

He would have to be careful and he would have to be caring; anything he could say could mess the whole thing up- knowing Agatha.

Sophie was left behind, watching Agatha run off with the guard back to Camelot's castle.

She sat in the spot Agatha had previously been and began to stuff her face with the remains of the picnic.

'This is just like being back at school,' she thought, smiling to herself, 'Agatha running of for her prince as usual.'

For once, Sophie didn't mind not being in the company of someone else; at least now she could eat the all the food without having to act as the slim, pretty, blonde girl she usually played the part as.

'No one here to tell me what to do, or how much to eat.'

When Sophie had finished the last croissant, she slumped against a tree, clutching her stomach.

"Maybe it would have been a good idea to accompany you," said Hort, emerging from the path and sitting down beside her, his hair wet and smelling of fresh mint.

"Would have come sooner but I had to take a bath after that horrendous journey, it's a shame they only had Tedros's soap, I smell like him now."

He sniffed his armpits then gagged making Sophie giggle.

"Oh Hort, isn't it splendid here?" She asked, resting her head on her true love's shoulder.

"It sure is," he replied.

The pair sat in silence for a while, watching the sun set over the glimmering lake, swans bathing in its waters.

After a while Hort spoke. "Come on now, it's getting dark." He stood up, reaching his pale hand out to help Sophie.

Both placed the mostly empty plates back into the picnic basket and folded up the checkered blanket before snuggling up next to each other and sauntering off back to the castle.

"I guess you're wondering why I've brought you here?" asked Tedros, pushing his chair away from his desk, letters strewn all over in an array of different scripts, and standing up in front of his Queen.

"Uhm...yeah as a matter of fact," Agatha replied, shifting uncomfortably under his crystal blue gaze.

"Listen Agatha," he sighed, "I know the reason why you've been acting strange lately."

He paced around the room before leaning on the mahogany chair.

"Oh... y-you do?"

"Yes. I do." Tedros stood upright.

"Listen Agatha, there is no need to be worried, there is no need to feel like you are alone in this," he said, taking Agatha's sweaty hands in his.

"We are in this together, just like we always have been: you and me, me and you, forever and always."

He caressed her check before kissing her gently.

Agatha could feel herself melting away, all the doubts she had ever had about the pregnancy had vanished and were replaced by warmth and love.

She could smell Tedros's earthy scent- of mint and sweat.

She could feel his full lips against hers, comforting her, as she let go of all her troubles.

Their lips parted.

Both king and queen gazed at each other for a long time, then Agatha smiled.

"Thank you Tedros." "I never should have doubted us for a second, I was just nervous, I didn't want anything to go wrong, but I know it won't, I can feel it in my heart, everything will be just fine."

She laid her head on Tedros's chest; she could hear his heart beating at a calming rate: thump thump, thump thump, thump thump.

"Hush now my queen, the troubles are in the past," spoke Tedros, raising Agatha's chin with his fingers.

He smiled. "We have news to give."

Not long ago there was an icy chill between both lovers as they walked hand in hand to their room, now that chill had been replaced with a warmth, a warmth that both held onto as they walked to the great dining hall to give great news to their friends.