18~ It really is you ~ Cole

Cole fell through a pit of swirling pastel colours until vines flung him over a snapping Venus flytrap into a tunnel of blinding-hot mist.

Shielding his eyes, Cole felt the vines cinch around his chest like a straight jacket and hook on to something above him.

Peaking through his hands, he saw he was dangling in midair from a luminescent green tree trunk stencilled:

Arborea Line

Glancing around him, Cole examined the flower ground, it's beauty a shock to him.

Before Cole was a spectacular underground transport system, made entirely of plants (which he half expected hence the name).

Colour coded tree trunks crisscrossed like rail tracks in a bottomless cavern, whisking passengers dangling from vine straps to their respective destinations in the Endless Woods.

Cole realised he was dangling from the same line as all the other future students, yet some were more tightly bound than others, including him.

The line of vines began to move to the left, the future students were finally on their way to the School for Good and Evil.

"Hey this is so pretty!" Anaya exclaimed, clearly entranced just the same as everyone else by the Flowerground's appearance.

Cole smiled, nudging his friends arm as he was passed a blueberry muffin by a friendly looking frog.

It seemed that all this stress had made Cole's stomach crave food more than usual, so he bit into the buttery muffin, savouring its taste.

He peered down again at what was underneath his feet, nothing of course, it was a bottomless pit after all, but suddenly, Cole remembered his brothers fear of heights and decided to peer around children to check up on Arthur and sure enough he didn't seem to be holding on well.

Arthur grabbed the nearest persons hand who turned out to be a flawless, future looking ever girl with wavy, hazel brown hair, piercing golden-green eyes, full peach lips and sun-kissed skin.

She noticed who Arthur was straight away and smiled up at him as Arthur turned red, before realising his opportunity and began flirting with her.

Cole turned away feeling sick, how embarrassing Evers were, flirting with anyone and everyone, who did they think they were?

Sorry Prince Charming, not everyone wants to date you.

Not so long later, the Arborea Line came to a grinding haunt.

Cole froze in place, they were here, they were really here.

Precipitously, the vines encasing the students, flung them towards the ceiling of dirt, unraveling as they neared it.

The earth above hurriedly crumbled open, launching students into the open air.

Cole was frozen stiff with fear, his heart and head pounding.

His face turned bright red, skin reacting to the bitter cold air.

He, Anaya and the blue-skinned girl were snatched by three gigantic, onyx-black birds who were made entirely of bones.

Cole wanted to scream, he was dangling by probably a thread from some random gnarly bird, 30 feet from the ground, moving too fast to see at all.

Clenching his fists, he breathed shallow, raspy breaths- closing his eyes and trying desperately not to think of what was happening.

The pace of the creature slowed abruptly and Cole eyes snapped open.

The breath was taken from his body, as if Cole had been punched in the stomach.