File Sixteen - Kapitulation

Blood pulsed, roared in her ears, she barely felt any pain before now. As she became dodging machine gun fodder, each bullet ripped into her, she bolted, faster and faster, harder and harder, her satisfaction from having France at gunpoint had withered to dust now as she had run out of ammunition at the worst possible time. Anger and humiliation pounded in her head as she looked behind her, she saw Canada and America, two stubborn dogs chasing chasing a cunning cat on the run. She then looked back onto her path. If she could make it south, she'd be able to reload and rest, then think about all this stress in the morning, relief filled her senses as she saw her stronghold, larger and larger it seemed, closer and closer it came, when suddenly, this relief was swept away and replaced with annoyance and fear. She heard delinquent whooping and laughing, New Zealand and Australia appeared with the whole of Oceania charging in. Some had sprinted off, they seemed to be chasing someone. Someone cowardly. Italy... Fascist Italy?! He was running away. Retreating like a trembling puppy. "Coward!" Reich screeched as Italy kept running. Did he hear her? It didn't matter. 

Reich stopped in her tracks as Australia and New Zealand ran towards her, where could she run? Where? Where?! She suddenly veered left. East! Maybe she could get to her port in the Baltics, while not as affective as her southern stronghold, it could still let her reload, yes, thank god! She crossed the Polish border as she hear endless shouting and cheering behind her, if she only had the ammunition to shut it up for good! Damn it! She found herself on what she thought was Hungarian border when... SLAM! She ran into something. Something hard. She gathered her bearings and layed her aching eyes on.. USSR. Oh no, she must've run too far in her mindless thoughts. His hand reached downwards to her neck, but she ducked below it and ran North-West. Where now?! Nowhere... her heart sank to her chest as she came to a deathly realisation. She was running from a crowd of veterans with no honour, no ammunition and nowhere to go...

Just when she thought nothing could drag her lower than what she already was. A familiar voice seemed to reach inside her, tearing at her heart. "Reich..?" It was her mother's voice. She had passed 27 years ago.  Reich could barely reply. "S-Second Reich..? Where are you?!" She cried as she ran. Her mother didn't seem to hear, wherever she was. "Why? Why did you do it?" Reich new she fought blunter, stronger than her mother ever did. "You're proud of me, aren't you, mutter?!" she yelled into the wind. Another voice joined in "Why, schwester? Why?!" The voice was a young boy's. Her little brother, Berlin, who was named after her capital. Berlin had died from sickness long long ago. "Berlin?!" Her voice was weak and high pitched now. Her brother meant everything to her before he died in her mothers arms. Another, crueller voice joined in. "Why?? Why?!" For the first time in years, Reich felt terror pierce her heart. Her fathers voice rang in her ears. He had beaten her like a mule to make her strong, and didn't care for her  as much as her brothers. His voice was enough to finally stop her in her tracks. Waiting for death to save her.

But... it never did? She turned around, seeing the huge crowd of soldiers  cornering her from all sides. Britain's voice broke the tense silence. "It's over, you tyrant. Surrender now!" The rest of the crowd called out for her execution, some even threw pistols at her. But she didn't hear them, the voices in her head grew more and more in number, they deafened her, she could barely breathe. "Stop..! STOP!" she begged, dropping to her knees. the spirits chanted louder and louder. "Why, why, why..." She looked for something, anything to stop the chanting. Her eyes stopped upon her one salvation. The pistol thrown at her feet glistened at her feet. She grasped it with trembling hands. She felt it cock from her grip. The spirits voices were tearing her ears out with pain. She screamed to deafen them for her last moments:

"SEIG FUR DEUTCHLAND!"

Bang.