File Seventeen - Destroyer of Worlds

Weeks passed, but they felt like eons since Reich's death. All J.E. felt was remorse, guilt and sorrow twisting at her heart with each passing day. Reich was her leader, her comrade.. maybe even something more. And she was gone now. Gone without a trace. J.E. should've been there to save her. But now, she was dead. No last words, no parting goodbyes...  Nothing. Everything Reich had ever said to J.E. had echoed in her ears ever since her suicide. Even now as she stood on the battlefield opposite America, she found Reich's words giving her bittersweet comfort. "Our alliance is more solid than his could ever be." That quote especially brought J.E. waves upon waves of pain. Their alliance was solid. And it's gone. She made a promise to Reich. That she would never stop fighting. And the whole of the Japanese archipelago would sink before she broke that promise. As if like a bulb, her attention was suddenly brought back into battle. America shot wildly, each bullet that was shot was deflected by J.E's katana. She drew ever closer. She would make America suffer for the devastation he had caused her alliance. As America grew weary of her approach, she smirked and dived for him, katana in hand. Reich's words rang out once more. "I have deep faith in you. Don't disappoint." J.E. blinked away forming tears as she felt her katana connect with Ame's side. I won't, General... Never again.

________________________________________________________________________________

America felt pain strike through him as an enraged J.E. attempted to disembowel him, destroy him, mutilate him. Her rage was shocking, even in a fight, two combatants would have nothing personal against each other, but J.E. looked as if America had destroyed everything she had ever known. America shook his head, escaping from her captivating, rage-filled gaze and jumping back, starting to shoot again, but yet again, every attempt to put her down was deflected. America really didn't want to use his last resort, the five nuclear bombs he had created were deemed too brutal to use. He wholeheartedly agreed with this decision. He was no murderer like Reich and J.E. That would put him on their level. His father's teachings were annoying at the time he was taught them. Yet now, he understood. His father had been through more wars than he had, and he finally understood his want for mercy and surrender rather that blunt justice and death. He kept calling to J.E. Begging for her to end it. I don't wanna kill you! He wanted to scream the words. They didn't come, his overwhelming urge for victory buried the plea deep down into him. 

Even if he could say the words. He knew he would never get through to J.E. Who was madder than USSR in a fit. And once more, she wouldn't be able to physically  hear him, the jets above, driven by Canada and Britain were carrying two of the bombs America had created just in case, they had full view of him, and were speaking to each other over walkie talkies. He glanced upwards for a moment at the circling jets, that's all that J.E. needed. America realised this a second too late, by the time he changes focus, the first thing he sees is a blur of red and white as he's toppled by J.E. He suddenly felt her gripping hands against his neck, he gasped before her thumbs blocked air flow from his lungs, he tries to scream profanities, but all that comes out is a ghastly choking sound, a manic, tearful expression had taken hold of her. America's thoughts began to blur, a feeling of hopelessness and humiliation took over for a moment when...

A deafening roar sounds from nearby. America managed to gasp in shock and fear as J.E. let him go, she was staring east. A haunting glow emitted from the distance. America looked over and his eyes widened like and owls'. The bomb! It dropped! They would've warned him before dropping the bomb surely! It must've dropped by mistake! He heard a call from the sky. "America!" His father screamed into the wind, opening his jet door as the blast pulse wave drew closer. America stared at it for a while longer before jumping into the plane with his father. The door suddenly shut as they took to the skies again. America stared at J.E. who was still frozen in front of the wave. America sighed, knowing that wouldn't be enough to take her down, he looked at Britain, sharing a solemn glance before nodding to him. He nodded back, pressing a large red button in the middle of the control panel. A weight had been lifted off of the plane as the second bomb was released. America sighed. He had won, but at what cost?

________________________________________________________________________________

J.E. just found herself lost. Absent minded once more. As if cradling and comforting her, Reich's voice broke through her ringing ears. "Ours is more solid than his could ever be." With Reich's voice in mind, J.E. closed her eyes. "I have deep faith in you. Don't disappoint." J.E. smiled gently. Before everything went dark. One last dose of Reich's voice comforted her. "Never surrender. Keep fighting."

And she did just that.