File Eleven: A Fatal Betrayal.

"Nein.. Nein, Nein!!" Reich's sharp tone split the silence in her room, she glowered down at the list of soldiers on her side in her hands, as if it were mocking her standstills throughout the war. She listed her allies aloud, along with a few subtle comments on them. "Hungary... Youngest brother was always too brash.. Romania... too cocky.. Bulgaria... too blinded by bitterness.." She remembered how Bulgaria had been defeated by his neighbors, well neighbor now; Yugoslavia.  Yet Reich had to admire his dedication. She continued to read. "Italy.. useless bastard." She spat out the word. "J.E. ..She is quite formidable." Reich felt her heart swell with faith in her. Just as the faith formed within her, it was chewed out by prickling annoyance. She had a crowded list. It was quantity against quality. She wanted 3-4 close allies, she needed to loosen the load, she was to read out the name to be torn away, when... "General! General!"

Reich scowled, whipping her head upwards at the intruder. "Ah.. J.E." Her guard softened at J.E.'s presence, and even more so at her expression. It was triumphant, almost eager. "I've had amazing progress! I've wiped out Republican China, the Philippines, Indonesia-" her voice kept picking up eager speed to the point where Reich couldn't tell what she was saying, but Reich got the point. In fact, she found it amusing, her chuckle cut J.E. off, she was obviously looking for praise, Reich cleared her throat. "Yes, well done, very rapid progress."  She notified, giving J.E. a hefty pat on the shoulder. In response, J.E. brightened up with a soft "Yes!" in a hissing tone. Reich chuckled and sighed, her tone and expression darkening with serious intent."J.E. I'd like to request your... opinion on a matter." She requested, picking her list up once again. J.E. bowed low. "Of course! What is this matter?" she asked, looking over Reich's shoulder at said list. "I think it would be better for us to... lighten the load." J.E. nodded. "I couldn't agree more, who?" She asked, peering at the top of the list at the smallest countries. Reich pointed to where J.E. was staring, only to move her finger downwards to the last name: USSR.

J.E. let out a worried gasp. "G-General, while you are.. racially superior, USSR is rather... well..." Reich heard the hesitation, usually, she would be pissed by an idea that she was weaker than someone, but with J.E. she let it slide. "Powerful." Reich finished for her. "Yes, and after this war, who do you think will be his next target?" She asked. J.E. looked at the ground, not answering, knowing she didn't need to. "Exactly. Alliances between manipulating forces can be fatal!" She pounded her fist into her hand. In response, J.E. hesitated. "Would... our alliance be fatal..?" Reich whirled to J.E. in return, finding her question to be foolish. About to deliver a strongly worded reply, she took in the look in J.E.'s eyes. It was a soft emotion, concern? Hell, affection? Reich's 'piece of her mind' she was going to deliver to J.E. fell apart into silent mumbles before she sighed. "...No, ours... is more solid than his could.. ever be." She said in a grumbling tone. J.E.'s face lit up subtly before she shook her head. "A-Anyway, you may attack if you wish. Of course, I wouldn't get in your way." she said, bowing humbly before turning away.

Reich stood up. "Halt." She called in a soft bark-like tone. J.E. turned back to her suddenly and obediently. Reich sighed. "This may very well be the largest decision in this war. It might very well make us or break us..." she began, walking closer. "But I need you to make one promise. Just one promise." she insisted. Her tone stern, yet soft. Her confidence was cushioned by J.E.'s expression, which still held that soft tone that kept Reich gentle. "If this movement breaks us.." she continued, placing a firm hand on J.E.'s shoulder. "Never surrender. Keep fighting." She swallowed, the last statement stuck in her throat. "I have deep faith in you. Don't disappoint." she ordered. J.E.'s eyes glistened with hope and soon rested upon Reich's gaze. They rested their for longer than what felt comfortable. Reich felt her lips curve into a soft smile as she stepped away. She bowed curtly and went to her Rifle and army backpack. Conflicting emotions seemed to carry with it. Reich's head wanted to take her to the battlefield to gain certain victory, yet her legs felt as if they were trying to pin her down to stay home. She shook her head and continued her stride outside. "Safe travels!" came an affectionate, hesitant reply from J.E. as she faded out of earshot, out of sight. But not quite out of mind.