File one: Austria's Fall

"Czechoslovakia! Austria?" France called, looking around while strolling down the crowded halls. Where were they? They were always non-punctual, but they were never usually this late to come back to the Europe mansion. France sighed with disappointment, and a hint of annoyance. "Late again?" a smooth male voice mumbled behind her, she turned to see Britain. She nodded, folding her arms. "As always." she says. Britain chuckled at her tone. "It's eating at you, isn't it?" he says. France huffed; Britain always was one to have a subtle tease. She hated him for it, well, hate was a strong word, but-

Suddenly, panicked, painful breathing broke into France's opinionated thought. It came from the entrance, followed by a weak, frantic knock. France turned to Switzerland, who nodded, opening the door, she was met by a freezing, panicked Czechoslovakia. His shirt was dark in some areas and... glistening. Was he wet? He stumbled to the ground as soon as Switzerland opened the door. As he hit the floor, the floor began to stain... With blood.

Terrified muttering broke the eerie silence, everyone began to shiver and cry in anguish. But no one was louder than Czech himself. France was frozen. Britain took charge. "Everyone! Silence!!" he shouted, everyone slowly quieted down. He turned to the shivering, convulsing body of Czech. "You poor boy... What happened to you...?" Czech opened his mouth in an agonised, silent scream before answering. "A...A-Au....Austri-ia-a's..... dead..."

A few countries let out horrified gasps and cries at Austria's fate. Switzerland, who was Austria's older sister started to shiver. "N..No..." she whimpered, she turned and fled into the house. "NO!" she shrieked. Belgium and Luxembourg few followed her to offer what little comfort they had. France gazed after Switzerland, then at the faces of the grieving crowd, It was quite pressurising. Britain called out, knowing France's tone wasn't too demanding. "Quiet!!" he ordered, but somehow, even he couldn't silence the anguished filled countries. Britain seemed to hear Czech mumble something, he brought his ear closer, his eyes widening as he captured the poor, shivering soul's final words. Czech's gasping statement was lost to France though, before she could react, her stressed and wracked mind was filled with pitiful wailing, coughing and choking.

She soon realised with a terrible chill running up her spine that the painful suffering sounds came from Czechoslovakia, who twitched in pain, agony and desperation as he began spluttering, coughing up pools of blood. Britain gasped, frantically trying to stabilise him, a few countries either backed away in fear or got closer to try and help. France stepped in between Britain and the crowd. "Stay back!" she ordered "Give him some air!" she added. Hungary was the only one who didn't step back. "With you stopping everyone, he'll die! And who's hands will the blood be spilled upon?!" he asked, furious, he was Austria's and Czechoslovakia's closest friend, and seeing him beg to see him tugged at France's heart like cruel thorns. Before she could try to reason once more, a sigh was heard from behind her. Britain stood up; Czech's body was completely still. France couldn't quite grasp the terrible event which was unfolding. "C..Czech..?" Hungary called softly, tearing up slowly. Britain shook his head. "He's gone, Hungary..." he mumbled. "I'm sorry." he apologised. Hungary dropped to his knees. He had lost two of his closest friends on the same day.

France shook her head softly; her grief was quickly replaced with rage. Who did this? Who had the audacity to cause this much pain and grief to the allies and friends she held dear? There was only one way to find out. She ran out of the mansion, just as it started to pour it down. She kept running, she could hear Britain calling her and sprinting after her, but France was off to seek justice, and no one in the world; not even Britain could stop her.