File Two: Accusations

Britain sighed; France was always too proud for her own good. He knew what she intended to do. He had stopped yelling for her to come back for a long while. He was now running after her to assist her, his old years weren't aiding his intentions, he felt aching in his legs as he began to tire. Thankfully, he soon saw France stop running, she was standing at the brutally murdered body of Austria. Britain saw France glance around. "Who the hell committed this...?" She whispered. Britain flinched before arriving at her side. =Not even time to mourn?= He thought. France went to call out, but a soft, German and French sounding accent cut her off.

"France? What's your business her-" Britain looked up to see Belgium, who was cut off by the violent scene. "Austria?? Dead?! I thought he was smarter than that!" She said bluntly. Belgium wasn't the kindest of people, but she meant well. Britain found her comments quite brash, but now wasn't the time to get angry. "Sadly, yes. He's dead. And we're here to investigate." he informed. "Do you have any sights of anyone who might've caused this?" He asked sternly. Belgium seemed to jump at his tone. "What are you accusing??" she asked in a demanding tone.

Britain sighed with annoyance. "Nothing, I-" Belgium huffed, stopping Britain's sentence. "If I tell you, will you get off my back?" She asked. France seemed to understand her, somehow. "We'll leave as soon as all the information we need is gathered." She assured. Belgium nodded and sighed. "I saw two people walk by here last night.. a third one was following them." She admitted. Britain started to think. Three? He didn't know any treaties between countries that came in three, apart from the Baltic states... 

Wait, that's it! The Baltic states! Was it them? It seemed to all fit into place! He would question them, and by that time, they'd be a mile closer to finding the culprit! France opened her mouth to question again, but Britain cut her off, he didn't need to hear any more. "Thank you, Belgium, that's all I needed to hear." He says, turning back and starting to run to the mansion. France called after him, clearly annoyed. But Britain couldn't be bothered to listen to her.

Britain burst in. He starts searching for the Baltics anxiously. "Latvia! Lithuania! Estonia! Come here at once!" He ordered. Lithuania lumbered over; he never was optimistic. Latvia's expression was riddled with confusion. However, Britain didn't buy it. Estonia came over too. She, unlike the other two, instinctively knew that something was wrong. Britain sat them down in his office. "What did you know about Austria's murder? We'll start with you, Lithuania." He said sternly.

Lithuania shrugged dully. "Don't point your baton at me, I barely knew the guy..." he says. Britain groaned and Lithuania's vague answer. "Latvia?" He said, turning to her. She put her hands up defensively. "Apart from us moaning about people confusing us, he was just an ally, nothing more!" Latvia insisted. Britain was quite intrigued by her tone, perhaps she was so defensive because she did it? Britain then turned to Estonia.

"Do you have anything to say about him?" Britain asked with a low, serious tone, knowing how Estonia's demeanour was. Estonia was very uncertain. "D-Did... I do something wrong...? She asked softly. Britain sighed. "Answer the question." He responded firmly. "Or else." he added. Estonia glared at Britain softly, then started to think "I don't know much about Austria... All I know is that he was good friends with Poland..." She said. Britain started to fix everything together, then suddenly gasped when he found a conclusion. =Poland?? Oh no...=

If Austria and his best friend were dead, Poland was bound to be next. Britain stood up and ran, much to the confusion of the Baltics. France had seen him run out and followed him. Britain ran and ran to get to Poland's territories. His mind began to race. He might be protected by Russia's father, USSR. But he had attacked his son a few years prior and Russia was considered dead. And after WW1, the chances of protection were slim. And if Poland was killed, would the Baltics be next? Then Finland? The Nordics altogether? Europe itself?!